disconection issues on my flights since 2.8.3 go app upadate
1314 10 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

so after updating the go app from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3 the drone now disconects many times during flights

could someone from dji please check the flight record links and give me an opinion on whether this is a go app problem or something more serious

drone flight 1

drone flight 2

drone flight 3

drone flight 4
4 flights with data loss downlink there are more but decided to post them up

2016-6-16
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-16
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

irp Posted at 2016-6-16 13:52
I have the same issue, and so do many other P3S owners. DJI need to stop pretending this isn't happe ...

it is happening and theres the proof in black and white ! check my logs on notification tab

the issues started on the upgrade of the go app software from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3 where the issues started

i mannaged to download the old software from apple wich took a couple of hours and my ipad auto updated the software and couldnt be bothered wasting more time on getting the old software.

2.8.1 worked like a charm with not one disconection now disconects constantly

below is just one flight

Flight timeAltitudeHome DistanceTypeNotification
A00m 00s0.0 m0 mMode[url=]Mode changed to GPS_Atti[/url]
B00m 02s0.1 m0 mMode[url=]Mode changed to AssitedTakeoff[/url]
C00m 03s0.0 m0 mMode[url=]Mode changed to GPS_Atti[/url]
D03m 32s244.9 m348 mData Loss[url=]Downlink data connection lost for 2.1 seconds[/url]
E07m 16s271.4 m412 mData Loss[url=]Downlink data connection lost for 2.2 seconds[/url]
F11m 40s21.8 m463 mData Loss[url=]Downlink data connection lost for 1 seconds[/url]
G15m 56s81.5 m102 mData Loss[url=]Downlink data connection lost for 1.1 seconds[/url]

2016-6-16
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any input from a Dji staff member would be appreciated ?
As a company you can't keep pretending that there's nothing wrong with the 2.8.3 go update ?
I've provided proof above of disconnections after the software update 2.8.1-2.8.3

Transmission map speaks volumes am still waiting for a response from Dji to give advice on this issue
2016-6-17
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I can't give anymore information regarding the issues I'm having !

Would someone from DJI care to respond as I would welcome your input ?

2016-6-17
Use props
Mono
lvl.1
United Kingdom

seems its the same  thing as whats happening to  me ..its really spoiling my  fun
2016-6-18
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mono Posted at 2016-6-18 12:00
seems its the same  thing as whats happening to  me ..its really spoiling my  fun

I'm not actualy having any fun
the whole point of light bridge was so the drone could be controlled from that little further away
now I'm lucky to get 500 metres without being disconected all I want is Dji to admit there is
an obvious problem with the new go app , as it's evident there's issues especialy on iOS and the 2.8.3 client
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The dive buddha Posted at 2016-6-18 09:13
I'm not actualy having any fun
the whole point of light bridge was so the drone could be controll ...

I responded to your other post.
You said your using an iPad, it's an iPad Air correct. If not then that is your issue as the minimum required for regular iPad is the Air.Also, you didn't say what aircraft you have.
2016-6-18
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-18 17:49
I responded to your other post.
You said your using an iPad, it's an iPad Air correct. If not then  ...

Ok as an engineer I'm curious as to why signal issues would get to the point I can't fly my phantom 3 pro .

Signal issues surely are a factor between the RC and the drone not the drone and my viewing device !

I use an iPad 2 mini (3 months old) which I hacen to add worked fine before the 2.8.3 update which I believe was the update to appease the phantom 4 pilots and there disconnection issues as well as the missing 2.7k videoing option for the p3p !
My set up is all up to date including the new firmware on the drone and the RC too.

I'm not the only one with disconnection issues on the forum Ken and all seem to follow a trend yet DJI seem to be saying there are no issues blaming everything apart from the 2.8.3 client go app ?
It's now your chance to correct the issues brought on by the 2.8.3 update hopefully you can see these issues and act upon feedback from Dji,s paying customers .

2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The dive buddha Posted at 2016-6-19 14:06
Ok as an engineer I'm curious as to why signal issues would get to the point I can't fly my phantom ...

Are you talking about RC signal or video signal.
Since your using a iPad Mini2 then you should be fine.
I have a Mini 3 and 4 and iPad Air and Air 2 and have not experienced any kind of issue.
Can you post a photo of the 2.7k missing from the app with your P3P, I am not seeing that. Can you post a screenshot.
2016-6-20
Use props
The dive buddha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-20 16:53
Are you talking about RC signal or video signal.
Since your using a iPad Mini2 then you should be ...

ken i didnt say i had the 2.7 k option missing from the app
if you re read what i posted it said the update on the go app was for that issue relating to the p3p
and im well aware that the ipad 2 is on your ok list as viewing devices?

now back to the issues at hand

since the update 2.8.3 ive had disconection issues by the minute

ive even posted up a visual map of flights that ive had that shows disconection issues

now either DJI know about this issueand saying nothing all you have to do is look through the forum

this issue has been reported numerous times

ive provided you with evidence that its occuring yet you dont see that since the go app upgrade all was well with the transmission signal from the drone to the RC,now it cuts out after only a few hundered yards starting the return to home!

i have the old go app client on my old iphone and will try it tommorow to see if i get disconects from the drone if i dont then again i will have proved all is not well with the 2.8.3 client and the phantom 3 pro

2016-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules