My First 2 Litchi Videos!
562 3 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am very happy with the Litchi app! Easy to use and it works!

The following 2 videos were made using the Polar Pro ND4 filter,1080P, 60 frames/Sec

There are no video cuts, nor any video enhancements.

The only editing I did was speed up the video by 30% and add sound.

2016-6-16
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I would like some feedback from others who have used this app longer than 4 days, or DJI:

- What is the optimal speed you used and are happy with?  I used 11 MPH and it seemed too slow (the videos were sped up).
(Optimal from power consuption and video quality).  I am planning to go up to 14 MPH.

- Do I have to calibrate it again using Litchi, (I usually start with the DJI Go App, calibrate and set video)
Then I close the DJI GO app and open Litchi.  Not sur eif the cal data is stored in the P4 or App.

- If I lose RC signal, what is my best option? From what I read, there is nothing I can or should do.
I have to hope that it continues on and I re-gain signal.  At that point I can place it in Sport or ATT mode, and I can take over.

- Which brings me to my next question:

What is the best option, (speed/power consuption) to bring the P4 back to home safely.
Sport Mode is fast, but drains more power.  P is slower but it must use additional power for the GPS, Video Avoidance.
Is ATT mode the best option?  But then the wind may drift it away; (I usually fly with winds of 15 - 25 MPH).

- My final question:
When using Litchi, the P4 flies in all types of angles, many times the fwd direction is one of the propeler arms.
Is that safe? Does it increase power consuption?

2016-6-16
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-16 17:04
I would like some feedback from others who have used this app longer than 4 days, or DJI:

- What is ...

- What is the optimal speed you used and are happy with?  I used 11 MPH and it seemed too slow (the videos were sped up).

Cruise speed 19MPH  max speed 19.5MPH

(Optimal from power consuption and video quality).  I am planning to go up to 14 MPH.

- Do I have to calibrate it again using Litchi, (I usually start with the DJI Go App, calibrate and set video)
Then I close the DJI GO app and open Litchi.  Not sur eif the cal data is stored in the P4 or App.
No

- If I lose RC signal, what is my best option? From what I read, there is nothing I can or should do.
I have to hope that it continues on and I re-gain signal.  At that point I can place it in Sport or ATT mode, and I can take over.

Always plan your mission with the knowledge it won't come back until it's finished.

- Which brings me to my next question:

What is the best option, (speed/power consuption) to bring the P4 back to home safely.
Sport Mode is fast, but drains more power.  P is slower but it must use additional power for the GPS, Video Avoidance.
Is ATT mode the best option?  But then the wind may drift it away; (I usually fly with winds of 15 - 25 MPH).

Best option is let Litchi continue to control the craft, but when planning long missions, make sure the last 15-20% of your mission is over 'safe ground' where it can land if it needs to.

- My final question:
When using Litchi, the P4 flies in all types of angles, many times the fwd direction is one of the propeler arms.
Is that safe? Does it increase power consuption?

Not sure what you mean.

2016-6-16
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the feedback!

My last question was referring to the way it flies sometimes, when the point of interest angle is set relative to the flight route:
Sometimes the P4 flies diagonally (not forward, not backwards).  This results in one of the propeller arms to be the only one in fwd direction.
I am wondering if there is excess strain placed on that rotor?

As far the best way to bring it back fast and safe, I am guessing the Sports Mode may be the best option:
I doubt I will result in double the battery drain, but I can get nearly double speed.

A lot of my flights are/will be over the ocean, so I do not have the luxury of a safe landing spot!  I plan to record
and make graphs for distance/battery time for each battery I use.
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules