Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse X5 and ND discoloration
966 6 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazurlazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2303 ft

I have been shooting quite a bit with the X5 on the OSMO and the Inspire. I am currently using the Tiffen ND set from BH Photo and am noticing a brownish tint to the footage that is difficult to correct in Davinci Resolve. I have also noticed that this seems to be exacerbated when shooting in LOG. Has anyone run into this issue? I have read some articles about Ultra Violet pollution in ND filters and think that this might be the culperate. What ND filters are you all using? Do you have recommendations?

Thanks!
2016-6-16
Use props
adam1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Firecrest ND By formatt-hitech are great!  Just make sure that the weight is within limits or you'll have to add counter weight
2016-6-16
Use props
mazurlazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2303 ft

adam1 Posted at 2016-6-17 04:23
Firecrest ND By formatt-hitech are great!  Just make sure that the weight is within limits or you'll ...

You would recommend this filter for the X5?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... t_46mm_nd_plus.html
2016-6-16
Use props
WorldOfRusty
lvl.1

Australia

Most people I have seen using filters use the polar pro filters. They seem to be the recommended filter of choice by the dealers too
2016-6-16
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I opted for Neewer filters because of their weight.
See: http://forum.dji.com/thread-43168-1-1.html
I have had no problems with them at all.
2016-6-16
Use props
adam1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

I would recommend any of their filters.  I have one of the slim polarizing filters..  I believe it's heavy by 1 or two grams.  No problems.  Check the weight by emailing the company.  If it's heavy then just counter weight the camera. Also, remove the balance ring when adding the filter.
2016-6-16
Use props
PolarPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>

I have been shooting our filters for the last 8 months and they do a great job maintaining a neutral color.
If you have any questions on them feel free to ask!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules