Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Turn to Panic
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

My 30 day trial of the Beta App is over. I live by a Class D airport. Sometimes I use advanced unlocking and sometimes I use the Beta app. Today I was flying close to the airport and suddenly I got a message that the drone would land. HOLY S****. That could not happen to me only a month after getting the drone and and two months after my Hubsan H501S flew away after an upgrade that caused many others the same problem. That would have been bad as it likely would have ended up on a highway or in a marsh. I saw on the telemetry that the drone was descending and it was only a month old. Not only was I headed for a crash, I could be headed for a divorce.

I instinctively did what I keep telling others on the forum to do. Though gripped with fear I hit the throttle and it rose. As I fought the descent I also directed the drone away from the airport while hitting the RTH button. In a few seconds the app asked me if I wanted to cancel the descent. You bet I did.

In the end all went well. Once the bird started returning home I cancelled the RTH and flew it home quick as I could in Atti mode.

The moral of this story:

1) When in doubt CLIMB so you have some time to think instead of pressing and pushing sticks and app buttons before you have a chance to understand the consequences. Once you know you can rise up you can breathe and think about what to do next like get the hell away from that airport.

2) If DJI is going to enforce these no fly zones, they need to incorporate the features of the Beta APP ASAP.

3) At no point should the drone automatically descend. If DJI can make the drone stop and hover within a certain distance from the runway, as it does now with the Advanced Unlocking, then why can they not just stop the drone and make it hover before entering the airport radius without Advanced Unlocking?

4) Always use Advance Unlocking before flying anywhere close to an airport until DJI fixes this problem.
2016-6-16
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft

welcome to the club
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules