Battery Charging Hub Storage Mode
16160 9 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garret.Kelly
lvl.1
Canada

I managed to misplace my Battery Charging Hub manual almost immediately after getting it.  While the "Charge" switch position is fairly straightforward I'm at a loss for how to properly use the "Storage" position.  Do I disconnect the power supply, power _on_ a battery, and then insert it into the charger?  Does a flashing blue light mean that it's discharging?
2016-6-16
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Use the hub as per normal, by plugging the cable in to it. The Storage option will just discharge any of your batteries to 50% mark if you not going to use them for long periods of time. Yup blue led is lit while discharging.

Have a look at this

2016-6-17
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

For some reason, the Storage mode of my DJI charging hub does not seem to work. Due to the weather I did not use yesterday two batteries (P4Pro+), and I want to discharge them from 100% to 50%. And also one more battery from 75% to 50%.

The hub has been switched on for several hours, but even one battery did not discharge yet from 75% to 50%. Charging via hub works fine, but discharging does not work in my case. What can I try?

I use discharging with my other quads and another charging station, and usually discahrging takes about an hour or less. Something is not right. I was so glad when I saw the Storage mode on the DJI charging hub, but it turned out that it does not work for discharging.

I ask the DJI engineers to have a look at this issue and if possible to fix it with a firmware update.

Update: After about 4 hours one battery has got the constnt blue color, so it was discharged from 75% to about 50%. Now two other batteries has got blinking blue light. So basically it works, but it takes too much time.
2017-2-20
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The battery charging hub storage mode is best for charging batteries up to the storage level after you're done flying and have no plans to use your depleted batteries again for a while. There's no need to attempt to discharge them with the battery charging hub since the batteries will start auto discharging on their own after 10 days (or the numbers of days you setup in DJI GO).

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg
2017-2-20
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I would like to avoid keeping batteries fully charged even for two days, since I know that I will not be flying at least till the next weekend. But for some reason the hub started to work faster in discharging Storage mode. Now my two 100% batteries are about 70% after about 3 - 4 hours, and they both discharging simultaneously.

I do not want to keep batteries fully charged as it may influence their future performance, and also I think that a fully charged battery is more hazardous than half-charged one since it keeps more energy.
2017-2-20
Use props
olefolks
lvl.2
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-20 04:53
The battery charging hub storage mode is best for charging batteries up to the storage level after you're done flying and have no plans to use your depleted batteries again for a while. There's no need to attempt to discharge them with the battery charging hub since the batteries will start auto discharging on their own after 10 days (or the numbers of days you setup in DJI GO).

[view_image]

I bought the Hub specifically to maintain the storage level after using the battery, regardless of the percentage of charge.
I have lost a number of Lipos' out of ignorance.  But, no more, especially at the price of these babies!!
2017-2-21
Use props
fans93309474
New

olefolks Posted at 2017-2-21 07:47
I bought the Hub specifically to maintain the storage level after using the battery, regardless of the percentage of charge.
I have lost a number of Lipos' out of ignorance.  But, no more, especially at the price of these babies!!

man, i fried THREE batteries apparently out of ignorance. having been shooting video for 30 years, i've never had to read a manual for batteries before.

i just assumed "storage" mode (since i have a better than fundamental grasp of english) meant you could just leave them there and they would slowly charge and discharge to safe levels over time. but what it REALLY means is: unplug the base from the wall, and it will trick the batteries into discharging to the point of 50% SO THEN you can "store" them.

2019-10-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain

fans93309474 Posted at 10-14 16:48
man, i fried THREE batteries apparently out of ignorance. having been shooting video for 30 years, i've never had to read a manual for batteries before.

i just assumed "storage" mode (since i have a better than fundamental grasp of english) meant you could just leave them there and they would slowly charge and discharge to safe levels over time. but what it REALLY means is: unplug the base from the wall, and it will trick the batteries into discharging to the point of 50% SO THEN you can "store" them.

Read post #6, he got it spot on. There is no need to discharge the battery packs, they will do that on their own.
2019-10-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft

Geebax Posted at 10-14 17:48
Read post #6, he got it spot on. There is no need to discharge the battery packs, they will do that on their own.

Exactly ...

2019-10-16
Use props
sartanin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449685 ft
Russia

In fact, it is really good practice to make your batteries life longer - discharge them as fast as possible to 50-60% of capacity if you are not plannig to flight. Self battery discharge is good function, but much more better is to control it yourself. It is absolutely obvious in mavic battaries - they degrade faster because of worse cooling system.
Yeas phantom batteries lives longer (comparint to mavic batteries), but if you want you can prolong their lives doing discharge to 50-60% yourself.
2022-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules