IMU Calibration Failed
8460 12 2016-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

Hello, when I attempt to calibrate my IMU I get the following message: IMU1: Failed
Internal IMUCalibration Failed. Automatic Orientation Error.

Backstory: This Phantom 4 has been perfect for over two months... I had it on and inside my car as I drove around for awhile today; after arriving at the 2nd destination to fly there was an IMU error.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to fix!
2016-6-16
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hello Wes, have you re-try calibrating it somewhere else? On a flat surface and away from you, the rc, and metallic objects.
2016-6-17
Use props
wes
lvl.2
United States

Hi, thanks for the quick response… I have tried in multiple locations on flat surfaces. Once out at the beach, once outside my house, once in my living room, always the same result. When I attempt to start the rotors it will not let me, just brings me to the calibration screen. So I am grounded until I figure this out.

Thanks for any suggestions.
2016-6-17
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

No worries. Which firmware are you on right now? And which Dji Go app OS & version?

It's best to keep everything updated first. The latest FW is 411 and Go app 2.8.3 (ios) and 2.8.1 (android)
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Possibly jolting around in your car has made something stuck.
When things are stuck a firm tap may unstuck them. Kidding.
If it persists, then you will need to send it in for repair and you can contact support at 818-235-0789
2016-6-17
Use props
wes
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 11:32
Possibly jolting around in your car has made something stuck.
When things are stuck a firm tap may u ...

Thanks very much to both of you for the quick feedback... i'll give support a call. I wonder how long it will take to get the bird back in my hands and working.
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

wes@pillarmarke Posted at 2016-6-18 16:30
Thanks very much to both of you for the quick feedback... i'll give support a call. I wonder how l ...

Turn around time is 1 to 2 weeks right now.
2016-6-18
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you calibrated the compass?
2016-6-18
Use props
wes
lvl.2
United States

Richard in Bois Posted at 2016-6-18 09:35
Have you calibrated the compass?

Yes; I tried calibrating the compass too.... it calibrated properly; but didn't solve my imu woes.
2016-6-18
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

There's been few threads in regards to imu here. Have you looked around? You might get an answer before sending the bird out to dji.
2016-6-18
Use props
wes
lvl.2
United States

I sent it in a few weeks ago and got it back within 14 days. They sent me a different copter and everything is great. Happy with the turnaround time and happy to be back in the air. They repaired it for free. They also paid for shipping. It might have been nice if they gave me the option to ship it in Faster. Thanks
2016-7-25
Use props
dead fred
lvl.1

United States

wes@pillarmarke Posted at 2016-7-26 02:46
I sent it in a few weeks ago and got it back within 14 days. They sent me a different copter and eve ...

I used to ship mine in via overnight service instead of using their reply label, but at $50 and them still having it for a week or more and then another week in transit and a couple more days to catch the delivery guy due to the signature required stuff, I started just using their labels.
2016-7-26
Use props
SurferChicUSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29961 ft

United States

Total scam that it’s been working FLAWLESSLY, has NEVER CRASHED, BEVER been dropped or hard landed and then like MAGIC, it “needs to be sent in for repairs?!?!??”
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules