Brand new Inspire, Dead Battery
2957 22 2016-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Volaer
lvl.1

Canada

I just recieved my Inspire 1 V2 in the mail today. I plugged the battery in and charged it for almost 4 hours but nothing will happen when I try and turn it on. I press the power button once, and then press and hold for 2 seconds only to have nothing happen. Nothing lights up at all while its charging, or while I am trying to turn it on or see the charge level. I tried plugging the battery into the drone and starting it up that way but that still didnt work. I paid $3000 for a paper weight. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a work around or something I am doing wrong? Or will I have to wait a month to get a replacement battery?
2016-6-17
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

It sucks man but welcome to the club. Almost every post I am seeing who got a v2 has a DOA batt. DJI is replacing them thou.
2016-6-17
Use props
SamsonYYC
lvl.1

Canada

Rinzler Posted at 2016-6-18 09:25
It sucks man but welcome to the club. Almost every post I am seeing who got a v2 has a DOA batt. DJI ...

thats what I was afraid of :/ I mean in the end all I care about is getting this thing flying, just sucks its going to have to wait!
2016-6-17
Use props
robert65
New
Flight distance : 181890 ft
United States

riding the same boat..... new inspire 1, DEAD BATTERY!!!!!!! battery will not charge!!!!!!!
2016-6-17
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I got the same thing. Luckily I'd ordered 2 tb48 batteries as well so I could just use them.  

Must send it back soon
2016-6-18
Use props
Hertzmfx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34406 ft

Same thing here. Brand New Inspire 1 v2.0 with a dead battery. Tried charging it for like 2 hrs and nothing happens. No lights come on nor does it seem it's charging. For a moment I thought the charger itself was the problem. But I figured it wasn't the charger since it charges the controller. What a bummer I've been waiting to have this thing flying in the air ever since I pressed the "check-out" button {:4_109:}{:4_109:}{:4_109:}{:4_109:}{:4_109:}
2016-6-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

My back-up inspire 1 V2 was purchased from Best Buy and it too came with a dead RX battery. I returned it to Best Buy and received the new one ... all was good to go.  They have some batteries out there that have been sitting to long. The auto-discharge feature inside the battery (old firmware) has caused them to over discharge (I am guessing)

Rich
2016-6-18
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-18 13:22
My back-up inspire 1 V2 was purchased from Best Buy and it too came with a dead RX battery. I return ...

I think it is more then that as testing points on the logic board it is constantly sampling voltage. My guess is the batts have been sitting for over a year with their factory charge of 30%
2016-6-18
Use props
nicklekakis0
lvl.1

Greece

Same issue , a dead battery with a brand new aircraft . Had anyone problem in replacing the battery ?
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi all,
We're terribly sorry about the battery issues.
Kindly please contact your dealer for a solution ASAP.
If you need any help from DJI, please contact the support team for assistance, following contact information is for your convenience:

For North America, please contact support.us@dji.com, or call +1-818-235-0789. (Monday to Friday, Pacific Standard Time 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
For EU, please contact support.eu@dji.com, or call +49-0-1803-354000. (Monday to Friday, German Time 9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
For Japan, please contact support.jp@dji.com
For Korea, please contact support.kr@dji.com

Thank you!
2016-6-19
Use props
rblankenship74
New

I have the exact same issue... Except mine also came with a bad USB on the controller. Bunch of BS
2016-6-19
Use props
jp12958
New

United States

Same here new inspire 1 v2 and came with a dead battery. Contacted support the first day and they need me to make a video along with some other info and proof of purchase. Definitely not the happiest about how this return gets taken care of. I know Amazon would have no questions asked return policy if it was just received and not working but oh well we are at their mercy. So we will do as they say if we want it resolved. Until you get your next hopefully working battery..

Safe flying, friends.
2016-6-19
Use props
matt61
New

Bought a new Inspire 1 v2 on Monday. The TB47 battery does nothing when you push the power button. It also does nothing when you put it in the regular charger. When it's put in a charging hub, the hub light goes amber for 1-1.5 seconds then goes to solid green indicating a full charge.

The shop I purchased my Inspire 1 from doesn't have a TB47 battery to swap out nor do they have any TB48s in stock (some on the way though). This morning I drove 35 minutes each way to a different shop and purchased a TB48. Got home and it's behaving the exact same way.  I called the store and they tested the additional 4 TB48's they had and none of them worked.

When I called DJI, I was told this is an odd thing that nobody has ever reported to the company.  Yet, this thread exists.

Like others, I have about 3k into this drone after additional accessories and I can't even get the battery to give me a green light.

At this point, I feel DJI owes me something more than a simple battery replacement. I have 3 more TB48's that are supposed to be arriving at store 1 tomorrow. If the batteries I get tomorrow are also DOA, I'm going to be irate.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-20 00:08
I have the exact same issue... Except mine also came with a bad USB on the controller. Bunch of BS

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you currently in the processed of getting these items addressed either by an exchange through your dealer or a RMA through DJI?
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jp12958 Posted at 2016-6-20 00:53
Same here new inspire 1 v2 and came with a dead battery. Contacted support the first day and they ne ...

There are some differences when dealing with a dealer as opposed to the manufacturer. Some dealers such as Amazon are able to have that kind of exchange policy, but most manufacturers, like DJI, adhere to the warranty policy directly. While I understand that it can feel like a slow process, it's to better verify that the issue is present and that it is safe to send the battery back, especially if there is a possibility of damage.
2016-6-22
Use props
matt61
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-23 07:43
There are some differences when dealing with a dealer as opposed to the manufacturer. Some dealers ...

When I called DJI today, they specifically said they don't have batteries sent back. Just shoot a quick video showing that battery isn't working along with some photos of the serial number etc so they can confirm it's not a stolen battery and they will send a replacement.
2016-6-22
Use props
WorldOfRusty
lvl.1

Australia

matt61 Posted at 2016-6-23 10:24
When I called DJI today, they specifically said they don't have batteries sent back. Just shoot a q ...

I've just been through the process and if you follow their instructions then they will get it picked up, checked then replaced. The photos and video took me only a few minutes to take from my phone and I just emailed it to the rep that contacted me. I just did my whole request through email.

They sent a courier and pick up labels to me (free of charge) and and then emailed me to say they received, checked and sent a new battery by courier.

It sucks but just do what they ask and it'll get done. turn around was 7 days for me.

2016-6-22
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I'm about to send a battery back, they seemed to have no problem when I was talking to them about it?

Should I keep it aside or let it off back to them?
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

matt61 Posted at 2016-6-23 08:24
When I called DJI today, they specifically said they don't have batteries sent back. Just shoot a q ...

Just to clarify, do you have a TB47 or TB48?
2016-6-23
Use props
matt61
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-23 22:51
Just to clarify, do you have a TB47 or TB48?

Both. Thought I made that crystal clear in my original post.

In the last week I have encountered 5 TB48's and 1 TB47 that were all DOA.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2016-6-23 20:59
I'm about to send a battery back, they seemed to have no problem when I was talking to them about it ...

The Europe facility may have different rules than the North America facility. For North America, TB48s can't be shipped by the customer due to their classification as Hazardous Materials. Our other LiPo batteries do not have issues coming into the facility, for the exception of any visible damage to the LiPo.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

matt61 Posted at 2016-6-23 23:11
Both. Thought I made that crystal clear in my original post.

In the last week I have encountered ...

I do apologize, as the question was not very clear. I do see that you have mentioned both, but I am uncertain whether you are getting one or both replaced through DJI. If they are not requiring for you to send in the TB47 for replacement, then you should be up and running in no time.
2016-6-23
Use props
blaylock019
New

United States

Fellow lovers of the inspire (not inspire batteries)     i have seen alot of horrible battery stories.  Myself and the best friend (wife) have been waiting on this for over a month.  the first one was stolen off the porch after FedEx left it..  or did he?    the sender didnt send it with signature required.      regardless,  We finally have it now.   We had got 4 extra batteries TB47's which had came a day later.  so now i have a total of 5 batteries which is 1 extra that i wasnt expecting!!! GOOD NEWS right?     """NOT ONE OF MY 5 BATTERIES WILL TAKE A  CHARGE""""        
     i didnt wright this post for answers necessarily,,   i just needed to vent to people who care and understand :-)  
                                     CAL  

UPDATE!!!    I did to one of the batteries the way someone had suggested in a forum.  which is not just unplugging the white wire for an hour for me, that didnt work.   however,  someone whom i should give all credit suggested the way he did it.  pop off top "carefully"  unplug the white connector first.    then take aligator clips to connect to the charger and the other ends hold directly to the corosponding anodes for 10 seconds.   "RISKY! DANGEROUS!"!!!   i do not work for DJI,,  I do not claim to be an electritrician by anymeans.  so dont do it cause i said so, cause i didnt. im merely telling you how i rigged it.        also im sure it will void any warranties for said 170 buck battery.   thats why im gonna send the other 4 back.  i shouldnt have had to do it to begin with.
2016-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules