Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
One Shot/ Long Take Filming
1074 10 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
malvern
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I really like 'long take' or 'one shot' filming, I like the feeling of being on a journey with the cameraman steering the way, remember the opening 'long shot' in The Shining ?

Most movies invovle using at least a few 'long shots', Iv'e been practicing with Lichi to try and get a smooth 'long shot'.

I would like to do a long shot that starts indoors, and ends up on top of a mountain.

Please show us your best 'one shot' videos and share your thoughts.

Here's my best effort so far, need to iron out my curves, but the weather has been terrible for over a week now and I can't get the bird up.

Cheers.

2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good job. The video is very smooth.
2016-6-18
Use props
j5255
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great video shots.  Nice music too !
2016-6-18
Use props
gioffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

Good job, for me the music....
2016-6-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha malvern,

Toorboy is your kind of videographer and he posts in this forum.  The similarities between the two of you are very strong.  I, to, like long take, one shot videos.  Toorboy is very good at it.

For really good and steady PANs and POIs, use the DJI IOC options.  The technology really allows you to concentrate on the video technique.  It is as if you have an assistant and often a rail or two.  But to use it, you have to plan for its use.  Most people do not think of planning for video shots, but apparently you do.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-19
Use props
malvern
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-19 10:55
Aloha malvern,

Toorboy is your kind of videographer and he posts in this forum.  The similarit ...

Good afternoon Cetaman.
Thanks for your reply and advice.

I spend more time planning and thinking about taking videos than I do actual flying time, literally hours and hours imagining shots in my head.

I usually get inspired by a piece of music firstly, then I  start imagining a video shot in my head to fit the music.

I think my next video is going to involve four long takes joined up to mimic one take, I have some ideas on how to join them together under the viewers nose without them noticing the joins.

It starts out at sea, then approaches the coast at a low altitude 50ft, behind the beach is the majestic rise up into the Snowdonia National Park in Wales UK. I think I could do the whole journey in four missions on Litchi. Zig zagging up the mountain , following streams and water falls to the summit.

I plan on doing it next month in the height of the UK summer.

I will certainly go and look at Toorboys posts, and I'll check out DJI OIC.

Cheers.

2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Malvern and Cetaman, very nice discussion here from both of you. Hope we can get more of this and more members involved. Just bookmarked this thread.

Awesome footage and plans, Malvern!

Aloha, Cetaman! Thanks for bringing up IOC mate.
2016-6-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

malvern Posted at 2016-6-19 02:17
Good afternoon Cetaman.
Thanks for your reply and advice.

Aloha malvern,

Maybe that is why I am having such a hard time putting my videos to music, I got the cart before the horse!  Mahalo for mentioning about having the music in mind before the shots.  The concept has been simmering below the surface in a couple ways, but never congealed until you mentioned how you do it.  It sure makes a lot more sense that way.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-19 03:22
Malvern and Cetaman, very nice discussion here from both of you. Hope we can get more of this and mo ...

Aloha vandruten,

Yes, the IOC options are great tools.  The video below was shot using POI (Point of Interest).  Not too many people realize that the POI option makes great PANs.

Aloha and Drone On!

2016-6-19
Use props
vandruten
lvl.4

Indonesia

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-20 03:01
Aloha vandruten,

Yes, the IOC options are great tools.  The video below was shot using POI (P ...

And what a beautiful place you have there
2016-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced