keep losing signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mono
lvl.1
United Kingdom

keeps happening  not far from me .. usually i can still  see the drone  (  p3 standard ) and theres nothing near to cause any problems..  just  lotsa empty sky .i move the antena   so its in the  optimum  position.
its staring to really piss me off .
also yesterday was flying  and  when i released the sticks the  drone  just carried on   ,could have  been in rth mode but as i had  no  signal  to my fone i couldnt  tell ..anyone had that happen to them

2016-6-18
Use props
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

As a fellow Phantom 3 Standard owner, I am having the exact same problem. I made a post on here about it a few weeks ago and general consensus was that it is a firmware issue. DJI released one for the Standard a  few weeks ago (1.6) but apparently that just makes the problem worse, so I haven't done that update, I'm going to wait for the next one.

I can still fly but only 200m away and not more than 70m high, and that is out in the middle of no-where in a open field with absolutely no interference and correct antenna placement. In wide open space like that I should have no problem flying 500m away and almost as high. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with my Phantoms range.
2016-6-18
Use props
verticalisland1
New

Same problem here.  Just bought the P3 4K.  It's VERY limited range.  Out of town in the middle of nowhere, literally, I get maybe 200 feet away and then signal lost.  In town, it starts happening around 50 to 75 feet.  This includes my yard or the park or flying at the edge of town and getting near ANY wifi signals from houses.  Luckily I was well up in the air when it happened and didn't crash into something.  Just got it, 4th flight, and a crash would have been a waste of 658 bucks (father's day sale).  Pretty tempted to return it.  I bought it to get video for a webseries that I do, but I could just buy a new camera for that.  
2016-6-21
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Hi, i had this issue with p3s after upgrdade firmware to 1.6.8.
I have full video signal but i lost rc signal at 50 meters.
I had tried to downgrade but this issue remain.
I have decided to send my p3s to dji repair service and now i have my p3s working
Sunday i have reached 290 meters at 70 meters of altitude and i had full rc signal. I decided to turn my p3s back but i can continue because i had full rc signal.
So i suggest to contact dji repair service and send you drone back.
2016-6-21
Use props
d.talbotbowe
lvl.1

How long did it take to get your drone back because the same thing is happening to me? I might just return it to Amazon so I can buy a new one.
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules