Inspire charging hub can't upgrade
1001 6 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Tried on two different windows machines, one using Win7 the other Win10, neither would see the hub when connected. Tried two different wires too. Red lights flashed as they should all the update program would say is "Device disconnected". I've already got a few dead batteries that may have been atributed to this hub, so really need to update it, or at least check it's firware version.

Tim Wolf
2016-6-18
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Really, nobody else having problem updating their hub?

DJI - I'd like to know if there's another way to check the firmware. I've already have $400 worth of batteries die, quickly losing patience with this stuff.
2016-6-19
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

wolftj@mindspri Posted at 2016-6-19 07:43
Really, nobody else having problem updating their hub?

DJI - I'd like to know if there's another wa ...

Hi Tim if it's any help to your issue , I purchased my charging hub from a  distributor not directly from DGI for inspire  batteries .
I have never upgraded firmware for it just plugged in the hub put all the batteries in there and it will do one battery at a time.I have had the charging hub for about three months. Is it really necessary to upgrade firmware for the charging hub?

2016-6-19
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need to update the charger hub firmware if you want to leave fhe battery in the charger for weeks, old firmware could not handle well in that case
2016-6-20
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 2016-6-20 03:55
You need to update the charger hub firmware if you want to leave fhe battery in the charger for week ...

Thank you sir that's good to know I fly  somewhat frequently  maybe three times a week I Will not do any firmware upgrade to charging hub unless leaving batteries for  extended period of time . Per your  suggestion .
Question do you always use  the hub after all your flights until you fly again?
I use the hub  charge them up then put batteries in the case and then good to go!
Happy flights thanks for reply !
2016-6-20
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I never leave my batteries on the charger longer than they need to charge. I do the same way you do. But some people left their batteries in the charge and went holiday (i read this in this forum) lolz
2016-6-20
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 2016-6-20 17:13
I never leave my batteries on the charger longer than they need to charge. I do the same way you do. ...

All good  I really like the feature it serves it's purpose.
I will load up all 4 at end of day then morning unplug and less to quess about brother.
but the track record with firmware I would not be surprised ,do the firmware on the charging hub do charge one night ,
Wake up the next day To a new problem!

Steve
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules