Osmo Powering on by itself.
1261 6 2016-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ali.pensionhaus
lvl.2
Austria

Hi

My Osmo was fine until I attached the Z Axis for the first time.

I then noticed that it would turn itself on. If I turned it off after a few seconds it powers back on again.

I removed the Z Axis but the problem persists. I have to release the battery to prevent it turning itself on.

Any ideas what is going on?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
With or Without the Z-Axis, in power-on status, can your Osmo work normally? Did you mount the Z-Axis with the handle powered on? Can you connect to the App and check the battery information correctly?
Please tell me some essential information about your Osmo. What's the firmware of your Osmo?

Wait for your reply.
Thanks.
2016-6-19
Use props
ali.pensionhaus
lvl.2
Austria

Hi Adela

The Firmware is 1.6.2.10

The battery information is OK (I have 5 batteries) the current one is No 580 and has been charged 4 times.

When I mounted the Z Axis there was no battery in the Gimbal. It was the first time I had fitted it and was planning to adjust it ready to use. I tried it out and then removed the Z Axis. The Gimbal was powered off. This was Friday evening.

I haven't fitted the Z Axis again since.

Saturday morning I was using the OSMO to film a car rally. It was mounted to the Tripod Combination.This is when I noticed the Powering Up issue. The Osmo works fine in its powered up state as far as filming etc goes. But, if I powered it off it would power back on almost immediately. Removing the battery was the only way to keep it from powering up.

I have just inserted a battery to get the information you requested. As soon as I put the battery in and without touching the Power Switch it powers itself up.

It will go in to sleep mode with the Power Slider and wake up again as expected. Sleep Mode also works correctly via the App.

If I hold the Power Slider Down as if to turn it off, the Osmo Powers Off but after releasing the Power Slider it turns itself back on again immediately.

These were the symptoms I experienced yesterday.

Today I found when I first put a battery in that if I held the Power Slider off for about a count of 10 the Osmo would power off and stay powered off for about 2 minutes but would then power itself back on again. I found that during this time I was unable to power the Osmo on again using the Power Slider but if I removed and replaced the battery it would power itself on again. I have just tried to time how long I had to hold the slider down but now, regardless how long it is held, as soon as it is released the Osmo Powers On immediately.

If I turn it off with the App, it Powers On again immediately.

2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ali.pensionhaus Posted at 2016-6-19 23:10
Hi Adela

The Firmware is 1.6.2.10

Hi Ali,
Thanks for your detail information.
After reading through your description, our initial judgement is that there's something wrong with the Power Switch on the Osmo handle physically. I'm afraid you'll have to return it for repair. Before taking action to send it in, please review the official after-sales policy for your best benefits: http://www.dji.com/service

Please contact your dealer or email to support.eu@dji.com for further assistance.
Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-19
Use props
ali.pensionhaus
lvl.2
Austria

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-20 04:46
Hi Ali,
Thanks for your detail information.
After reading through your description, our initial jud ...

Thank you Adela

I have emailed EU Support
2016-6-19
Use props
ali.pensionhaus
lvl.2
Austria

It has gone for repair.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team