2440 13 2016-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kappaOS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276778 ft
Italy

Hi,
my P4 gets a tilted horizon while standing in the air and YAW.

When I stop the Gimbal corrects back to level.

Anyone else got this "effect" ??

Tryed almost everthing
various calibrations
Factory reset
downgrade firmware

Any ideas?

DJI is asking me to send it in to check the problem.

K.

See it here from Gimbal correction from Second 0:16

2016-6-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this problem, it seems to have resolved itself since I took all to the latest builds, BTW Latest is 1.1.411 not 1.1.410 as you show on video. Try that with full calibrations. I have not long started checking my level hovering in garden, and, using C2 button held operated adjust the gimbal to level using right hand control wheel on RC. For me all seems to be holding level pretty good at the moment.

A slower 'yaw' might smooth things out a bit as well. I also have the gimbal adjustments as suggested in This post (No' 46 gives values to be set) which work well.
2016-6-20
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Italy

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-20 16:15
I had this problem, it seems to have resolved itself since I took all to the latest builds, BTW Late ...

thanks. will give it a try
2016-6-20
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

It's not in FPV is it? I don't use FPV but I think it does the gimbal roll when enabled. I just tried it and it does allow the gimbal to follow the drone.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello kappaOS, I'd suggest you to reflash the latest firmware and calibrate both the IMU and gimbal when the drone is cooled down. If this issue still exists, please follow these steps to post something here,thank you.
1. Put your drone on a  horizontal surface. Then make a screenshot of the camera view and attitude indicator(the blue box on the left corner)
attitude indicator.jpg
2.Record a short video of the gimbal powering up. Place both, your camera and the drone on a flat horizontal surface and record the video from the gimbal's left or right side.
Note: Do not hold the camera in hands when recording this video, make sure camera is placed steady on a surface.Here is an example view. camera.jpg

2016-6-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2nd photo there shows gimbal retainer in place, this should always be removed before switching on aircraft.
2016-6-21
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Switzerland

DONE.
Did all requested operations. sorry for the late reply.

Problem still persist. Please notice that the Gimbal is looking into the sky after startup unless in the settings its "blocked"
This came with the .410 fw an remains in .411

IMG_0027.jpg
2016-7-3
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Switzerland

+1
anyone ?
2016-7-4
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

As some else mentioned, from your description you are in FPV flight mode and this is normal behavior for said mode, change it back to follow me mode and your gimbal will compensate when you yaw.
2016-7-4
Use props
markfrow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2101132 ft
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same problem with mine....did all the calibrations and tried a few other suggestions but still didn't fix it. It's now winging it's way back to DJI for replacement
2016-7-4
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Italy

+1
Officials?
2016-7-7
Use props
boris.krzic
lvl.1

Croatia

I had the same problem. Returned the P4 to seller. I'm getting a new one today. Fingers crossed.
2016-7-7
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Switzerland

I figured out that I can solve the problem with the gimbal (horizon tilt) by calibrating the gimbal before every flight.
After power cycle the problem is back. Will send it in for Service asap.
2016-8-11
Use props
ronmasdale
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules