Is Litchi really worth it?
1315 7 2016-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

For solo it seems to not be bad. Thoughts?
2016-6-20
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

I've used Litchi and their waypoint mode is reason enough for me. You can make the route in advance then run it later. All the usual warnings, of course. It may have been updated recently, I haven't tried it since the update but the way to set photo settings (exposure, ISO, etc.) was a bit cumbersome, you have to use the right wheel and click it to change options. Why it can't be on-screen, I don't know.

One thing that disappoints me is the, "VR mode"... I mean, it could be great but it drifts left/right with most phones (this is a common problem with the hardware/software combination on the phones and Google Cardboard in general) and one solution would be to offer the option to disable left/right head tracking and just use up/down head tracking (they already offer this for the Phantom series) but there's no option to disable left/right tracking with the Inspire so it just turns around in circles slowly but constantly.

I'd recommend it but the asking price is a bit steep for a barely functional, "VR mode" and a solid waypoint mode with changing settings being more difficult than with DJI Go and you lose a few other DJI go features like flight logs in the app (though it can upload direct to Healthydrones, I've never tried it).
2016-6-20
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

I purchased it and I do have to say that the auto tracking works almost perfectly. It does get confused thou some times when two like objects pass each other. It either wags the camera or just begins to track the incorrect object. Tracking thou while in orbit is hands down leaps and bounds over DJI native apps orbit. Overall I feel the app is missing some polish thou. Would I say it is worth the $25 USD. Hard to say really. If you operate on your own then probably. If you have a second operator then no, it is not worth it.
2016-6-21
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-6-20 17:50
I've used Litchi and their waypoint mode is reason enough for me. You can make the route in advance  ...

Hey side note, I have asked in another post if anyone used goggles for focus checking. Do you think that the goggles help with focus checking?
2016-6-21
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

adam1 Posted at 2016-6-21 23:53
Hey side note, I have asked in another post if anyone used goggles for focus checking. Do you think ...

Sorry, I only have the X3 camera so I can't check.
2016-6-21
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
United States

Does the image feed from the camera look clearer, though?
2016-6-21
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

adam1 Posted at 2016-6-21 21:52
Does the image feed from the camera look clearer, though?

Do you mean in the app wise or the goggles? The down stream image is still limited to what ever badnwidth is selected. So to answer your question the image looks the same as the DJI go app. I did have a issue last night thou where during testing with tracking it tried to slam it into a tree. For some random reason it decided to fly infront of me then proceed to spin around but kept going backwards. Guess it was looking for the cinematic shot on its own! lol
2016-6-22
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
United States

Rinzler Posted at 2016-6-22 09:20
Do you mean in the app wise or the goggles? The down stream image is still limited to what ever ba ...

Hahahaha...  Maybe it was!
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules