High School Senior prank shot on OSMO
1390 7 2016-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

I did a very improvised shoot of our prank on our last day of school.  This video was well received and I think it highlights the OSMOs abilities as a more sophisticated action cam.  Enjoy and leave any questions comments or suggestions here or on the video!

2016-6-20
Use props
alansworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>

Boring, yellowish and dark, audio distorted.  Keep practicing.
2016-6-21
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

alansworld@gmai Posted at 2016-6-21 11:20
Boring, yellowish and dark, audio distorted.  Keep practicing.

It was slapped together in one night to get it out to my classmates but I agree, without color correction it is quite off and I think we all know the built in mic doesn't go very far. But I can't fight overcast :/
Thanks for the suggestions but this clip is a little more akin to my skills, these are both less of a film and more of just a compilation of interesting shots.
2016-6-21
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Like them both. Shame about the water on the lens...

How did you get the seagull shot at around 4:20, do you have the z-axis, or was it a drone shot?
2016-6-21
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I liked the ‘Prank Day’ video.

Of course, I had to use Google to discover what a Prank Day actually is — as I suspect that it’s a purely US custom, and not something that I was familiar with.

I’m sure that your fellow students appreciated having an important aspect of their lives documented — something that they can look back on in 10, 20, 50 years time.

It was a pity about the water droplets on the lens, but that’s something that would be hard to see on the phone’s screen.

Did you do much post-processing? The colours are a little over-saturated, and the exposure is off by a stop or so.

However I’m looking at the YouTube version, and that may not be an accurate rendering of your video, but it looked good at 1440p on an iMac with plenty of detail.

Better sound — especially of the band —would have been a bonus.

I’m sure that Ethnographic students of the future will find it useful in their research.  
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing the fun with us.
I believe all those would definitely be wonderful memories for you.

Good luck with your study and have more fun with the Osmo.
2016-6-21
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-6-21 15:34
Like them both. Shame about the water on the lens...

How did you get the seagull shot at around 4:2 ...

Thank you,  alll the shots were shot by hand without the assistance of the z axis or a drone.  Only made use of the extension rod.
2016-6-22
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-6-21 16:11
I liked the ‘Prank Day’ video.

Of course, I had to use Google to discover what a Prank Day actual ...

I'm glad you liked it!  Yeah it was a  little stressful setting exposures right before a big event but for an on the spot shoot it was OK.  And unfortunately I don't have any external mic yet so the built in one had to do,  I didnt want to sacrifice the original sound of the band for a recording played over.  Thanks for the feedback!
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules