Stick Control Direction
5056 4 2016-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft

Purchased the OSMO X3 and need some help. Can someone explain what stick control direction does and what setting show I use? This setting is located in the Setting, Gimbal and the options are Hov/Ver or Free.

Thanks
Mike
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello Msoto,
Thanks for purchasing the Osmo.
The option "Hov/Ver" means you can control the gimbal's movement horizontally or vertically via the Joystick on the handle.
The option "Free" means you can control the gimbal's movement freely in every direction via the Joystick on the handle.

For any other question, please let me know.
2016-6-21
Use props
AllenW
lvl.1
United States

HI... a little late in getting our a comment....but what is the difference between horizontal and vertical vs every direction? I think what you are saying is that the former is just right/left and up/down whereas the latter can have a diagonal  axis so that you can pan and tilt at the same time.....or not.

2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AllenW Posted at 2017-7-23 11:33
HI... a little late in getting our a comment....but what is the difference between horizontal and vertical vs every direction? I think what you are saying is that the former is just right/left and up/down whereas the latter can have a diagonal  axis so that you can pan and tilt at the same time.....or not.

Allen, what you said is correct, that's exactly the difference between them.
2017-7-24
Use props
Shrikant
New
India

I had the same curiosity as in no other tutorial videos this was explained.
Just one more small question. I have understood the difference between the two. One would imagine that we will always keep it at 'free' settings, as it offers max flexibility and control over joystick.
But then why is the horizontal/vertical option doing there? Does it serve any purpose in any specific condition/objective? Just wondering, not that at this very elementary stage I will have the occasion to use it, though.
Thanks in advance
Shrikant
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules