Gimbal twitch
5155 21 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

A few times a flight I'm seeing a spontaneous twitch on the video as the gimbal moves for some reason. I ran a gimbal check this morning and it didn't give any errors, but it was still twitching.

Any ideas?
2015-1-22
Use props
skinleverton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Lots are doing it I'm afraid, im awaiting some feedback on the issue
2015-1-25
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

My gimbal twitches too every now and then and it is something I really want to fix. Help please
2015-1-25
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have the same issue. I find it happens near the start of a video, generally in the first 25 to 40 seconds. On mine it happens two or three times within about a 10 second span, and doesn't happen again until I start a new recording. I've reported the issue to DJI and sent all my flight logs. I'm sure they'll figure it out and put out a fix. The hardest part to fixing these types of problems is being able to reliably replicate the problem in their lab. But it seems to happen to enough people (I've also noticed it in other people's posted videos) that I'm sure they'll be able to fix it.
2015-1-25
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

I saw this issue during my last test recording in 4K,
I am not sure if physically  the gimbal trying to self adjust "the center "  due software bugs   sometimes loose the north.
My counteraction was  re-format the card (app) no more issues.
2015-1-25
Use props
richiemacd
lvl.1

United States

What "mode" are you using?  If you're in FPV you'll see a twitch.  You should be flying in "follow" mode...
2015-1-25
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

Same happening to me. I was told to RMA it, but that is a 1+ month process so I'm not doing it. Thread on that:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5714

Video of mine tweaking out: http://youtu.be/vTlLeU3TUyc
2015-1-25
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Can anybody help concerning this issue? Shipping the Inspire back will cost both money and time....
2015-1-25
Use props
jhannon66.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

Mine was twitching until I changed the function of the C1 button.  Now it's not doing it anymore for about six flights since I changed it.
2015-1-25
Use props
stavros833
lvl.2

United States

I have been getting the ( twitch) as well.
2015-1-26
Use props
hleitner.email
lvl.1

United States

Mine does it a :14 in... bummer town

2015-1-26
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

jhannon66.email Posted at 2015-1-26 13:46
Mine was twitching until I changed the function of the C1 button.  Now it's not doing it anymore for ...

For gimbal camera problems, as anyone else tried changing the function of the C1 button?
2015-2-4
Use props
roy86au
lvl.3

Australia

I had a couple of skips and some weird flight behaviour in GPS mode. Switched to ATTI and its been absolutely smooth.
2015-2-4
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'm 99% convinced the gimble twitch happens when the Inspire compass gets an abnormal reading.

DJI can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I've read on RC Groups that a fix for this particular issue has been identified and will be part of the next firmware update.
2015-2-4
Use props
roy86au
lvl.3

Australia

Could be any of the sensors involved.
Compass, GPS etc are all calculated in the flight controller that feeds information to the gimbal. If the flight control loses orientation data from the compass or receives mis-calculated GPS information, that can lead to glitches in movements of the aircraft and/or the camera gimbal.

Re-calibration of the compass and IMU can fix some causes however Firmware tuning is required for others.
2015-2-4
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

jhannon66.email Posted at 2015-1-26 13:46
Mine was twitching until I changed the function of the C1 button.  Now it's not doing it anymore for ...

As your problem come back at all?

cheers
2015-2-6
Use props
jhannon66.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

owen.email Posted at 2015-2-6 22:10
As your problem come back at all?

cheers

Nope, no twitch in mine after changing the C1 button function.
2015-2-7
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

What did you change the C1 button function to?
2015-4-6
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Yeah mine does this too
2015-4-6
Use props
fabsmet
New

Netherlands

From what C1 function to what new C1 function did you change? Might be related?
2015-4-7
Use props
amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

I´ve just checked the test footage I did yesterday - it was my 6th flight and so far I didn´t have any issues. But on the flight yesterday, I had those twitches - pretty often actually (I recorded the complete flight of 14min). Firmware was successfully updated two days ago.
It also felt that during flight the inspire behaved a little weird two times (rotating more than I told it to) - and it seems to have been at the same time I had those twitches (not totally sure though because I didn´t look at the display, but rather on the inspire during the flight)

I used FPV mode (without FPV-ing ;)).
2015-4-12
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

So it's not just me and my twitchy eye {:2_32:} But mine dose the same Not as bad and not very often but yes a noticeable twitch.

Hopefully DJI will sort this out with the Inspire's camera. I wonder if the P3's dose this? time will tell.
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules