Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fat Shark Fatshark Dominator V2 Sooo.
3838 5 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Ebay had a smoking deal on a set of Fat Shark Fat shark Dominator V2 goggle for about 365.00 free shipping so I snacked up on a set they require a micro hdmi cable to normal hdmi  other then that they should be here in a few days .
I know they are not the best but may be fine for a while till the other HD set comes down in price.

Included Items:
Dominator V2 VGA Headset (also includes carrying case/lens cloth). (bundle only, not available in open stock)
Headset Battery Pack
Banana plug charge cable

Key Features

Optics display of 35° FOV (field of view)
Resolution of 640 x 460
Adjustable Inter Pupillary Distance (IPD) adjustment and diopter option (for farsighted users)
Soft rubber eye cups to block out ambient light
Adjustable brightness and contrast
Standard ports: headphone, video in/out
Elastic headstrap w/battery holster
SMA antenna connector
Li-Po compatible

I will see how they cut the mustard  if I get good weather for some flight time soon. Not looking good till Saturday via the forecast here in the Midwest.

The dominator HD  is pre order right now and around 550 plus so I felt this will be fun in the mean time.
Will the transmitter in the fat shark purpose an issue or can that de disables when using the hdmi output.

I can use the ipad and pilot app now on a tripod and have FPV with the goggles via hdmi ..Too cool gearing up for some flight time !

Still happy with my purchase this thing seems very flight worthy and connects in micro seconds to Tx and GPS unlike my Phantom where I had a stern sit and wait 2-4 mins to grab the best sat lock possible. Not with the inspire it locks on fast and seems to be ready for flight IMO.

Friday 40 degrees here hmmmm.

2015-1-22
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Do not turn the googles reciever switch on the bottom of the googles when using the HDMI port for video ! If you have a reciever modual installed Stated in the fatshark manual on line , the switch is for using the fatshark internal video reciever sold seperate because of  a range of frequency options , this is what I use for my p2 ,  you may see the googles with an antenna sticking up in front that's hooked to the reciever in some photos , The inspire won't need this for the googles it's got direct lightbridge feed to the controller .. Cool !
the HDMI signal should work as long as the fatshark battery is pluged into the googles that small battery fits neatly in a pouch built into the headband on the right side .. I'm waiting for my 1 to ship and going shopping for the new FS  dominator 720 HD googles , love my first pair , exellent construction and features for the $ you get what you pay for on this one no junk all accessories included with a nice sturdy case for travel ..
2015-1-22
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

I was hoping this is interchangeable and adaptable to my Pv2+ for FPV that's great info and I will take notice not to power on the receiver installed in the goggles. Watch that switch!!
Great entry way into FPV and I personally know I will hand these off to who ever is near by so they can experience the flight first hand.
Was thinking about a monitor with HDMI inputs rechargeable etc.. but this seemed a bit cooler and the interface looks easy.
Hope I don't get vertigo.lol
BTW nice info on the battery on this thing
2015-1-22
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-1-23 09:11
I was hoping this is interchangeable and adaptable to my Pv2+ for FPV that's great info and I will t ...

On My p2 w gimble and the gopro an iosd mini for flight telemetry to a fatshark 5.8ghz 600mw transmitter which sends the video signal to the googles 5.8ghz reciever module , you also need the fatshark tx and rx antenna set , they work exellent line of site , thin branches around trees , power lines are not visible till its to late so practice within visual range a bit , have some good sun glasses handy to go to on bright days when your ready to slide the googles up to return and land , don't fly to close to yourself with googles or others as you fly past things then remember if you back up what's there etc or you can really mess up till you get used to flying googles ... You'll see no problem. Yup little switch bottom of googles off when using the HDMI and also when you don't have the Google recievers antenna installed ...wish my inspire would get here !
2015-1-22
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
United States

One more thing , the camera mode should be set to FPV so the inspires cam is locked forward need to have a nose direction of flight !
Otherwise disaster...
2015-1-22
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

All great  advice I think I will use them as a novelty if anything and fly via the iPad, but never know. Good idea to have a spotter never thought of wires appearing out of no where but mainly I will use them for precision shots.
Funny I could so see the no fpv set on the app happening I will take it slow no doubt gonna be cool for a friend to fly long or on sunny days when the ipad is worthless.
I need to retro my phantom for the goggles relatively easy tip from how you explain it. Then hold out for the V2 HD goggles to come down a bit in a year .
Hear good things about FPV flying!!!!!!!!!

One thing that didn't dawn on me was taking the goggles off and still having the screen to relate to for flight corrections I like that idea big time! Sun glasses required when flying IMO.
Running both is very nice wonder if there is a way to split that HDMI cable to a monitor at the same time.
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules