Use of overseas footage on UK website?
1105 8 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrummieP4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383999 ft
United Kingdom

Just back from holiday in Spain and wanted to use some of the Phantom4 footage I shot while over there in a showreel for my business here in the UK.  I'm still going through PFAW training and hope to have the PFAW by end July.  Question is, can I use the fooage I got while on holiday overseas, or do I have to wait for the PFAW to arrive before publishing the footage on my UK commercial showreel?

Thanks.

2016-6-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sure you will be fine edit the footage and post it on here for us to have a look , where in Spain did you go? Any problems boarding the plane or at security
2016-6-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The CAA has authority over British airspace but no  jurisdiction at all over what you do in spain.
Likewise their concern is aviation safety, not how you edit videos.
Plus the  chance of your showreel coming to their attention is negligible anyway.
Go for it.
2016-6-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Exib Posted at 2016-6-23 03:15
I'm sure you will be fine edit the footage and post it on here for us to have a look , where in Spai ...

NO-one has had any problems anywhere boarding a plane with their Phantom.
2016-6-22
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

You must read the spanish legislation, If the images are from a free fly zone i think you can do it. if in protected zone things can be diferent.
In France If you´r not an entreprise you can not use the image or videos with comercial goal. If fly in forbiden areas like national parks monuments etc... you risk to have troubles, even living in Britain.
2016-6-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

J.N Posted at 2016-6-23 07:59
You must read the spanish legislation, If the images are from a free fly zone i think you can do it. ...

You are confusing local laws with what can be published on a web site. A person who shoots any material can publish it on a web site providing they are the owners of the material. No aviation or local government authority is going to bother chasing you internationally over a trivial item like that.
2016-6-22
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft

BrummieP4 you would be ill advised to promote yourself commercially prior to obtaining your PFAW .The CAA is quite clear on this point.Whats the rush as you say your nearly there.By all means use the footage but hold back on using it to promote yourself commercially.
2016-6-22
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-23 01:03
You are confusing local laws with what can be published on a web site. A person who shoots any mat ...

Sorry mate but in European Union it works like that. I work in a National park ( Pyrenées National park) in France. National parks in here are forbiden fligth zone. you can fly only with an autorization from the park autorities. Last year a video have apeared on you tube it was a spanish person. I must tell you that he had been persecuted by justice. Obiously the video was erasured from you tube. If the infration is commited in France by a citizen from another european country he or she will be call by the local police on is country and vice-versa. if traped in france flying in a forbiden area the drone, is kepted by the police and the person persecuted in france. Comon politic, it suks but it like that. Best way is put the videos trough somebody outside of EU or do not put an identification on the video.
2016-6-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

J.N Posted at 2016-6-30 09:05
Sorry mate but in European Union it works like that. I work in a National park ( Pyrenées National ...

Why does it matter, in a few months he will be out of the European Union anyway.

And perhaps you should read his post again, he did not say he was shooting in a National Park, in fact he did not say where he shot. Why assume he shot material illegally?

And yeah, I have heard of people being 'persecuted' in France, one good reason to stay away.

2016-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules