Remote Transmitter/Repeater
1086 7 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if there is such a device, which will allow us to use it like a repeater:

I would like to be able to send this simple transmitter/repeater up a few hundred feet and thus extend my RC range.  

This will be very useful for some areas with tall trees.

It should be controlled using the same RC of course, and it can be an accessory which will be linked to each RC and it can stay stationary for the flight duration.

Common DJI, please take us to the next level!
2016-6-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'd need to improve the battery on the aircraft first, that would be the weak spot.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ha, that would be nice but I don't see it happening.
2016-6-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Here is  my dilemma:

I am at 80 feet from sea level and I have 80 foot trees all around me.

I want to send my P4 to scout a fishing area which is about 3/4 mile away and it is at sea level of course.

I have clear path at 160' above home point, which is at 80', so my total altitude +20' margin is 260' from the water level.

But I have to reach an altitude of 2777 feet from my current home point to maintain RC line of sight.
If I could raise my RC (using the repeater) up by 80', then I have complete direct line to the P4.

I guess I have to ask my old RF microwave EE friends to look into this!!

2016-6-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Bump!

Any Accessory manufacturers out there interested??  I think this will be a great accessory!
2016-6-25
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

I would love this too. Same problem......trees.
2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

What solution do you have for visual LOS? Surely you're not suggesting FPV from the repeater-drone at 160', are you?
2016-6-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I can still use the normal RTH if signal is lost; there is enough room to land, or I can take over control, once it hovers above the trees, and starts to land.

I am just looking for an 80' RC antenna extension, in the form of a repeater; it functions like an everyday home internet router extender.   It receives the RC signal, and it just repeats it.
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules