Moderators, could you share an average expected processing time o...
1601 13 2016-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

A question to the moderators here:
(I know that a fast expanding company has often some growing pain, DJI is certainly one of those successful companies.
The downside is certainly that a proportional grow of the support and billing is often a little bit behind.
To ease out the waiting time, and eliminate the feeling of being delayed for what ever reason one might come up with:  )

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a thread (pinned) here in the forum which would indicate a roughly expected current processing time for different things, e.g., refund or replacement, etc.?

Perhaps separated for the different products or regions.

So, we would know then what to expect and be able to roughly predict our own case's progress, instead of growing impatient and upset.
Thanks for considering.

2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Dr_Sassi, if you buy it directly from DJI and you want to send it in for repair or replacement, the turn-around time is around 2 weeks. If you live outside of the US, EU, or Australia, however, turnaround times will probably be longer. If you buy from a dealer, we recommend contacting them directly for repair or replacement. They will be get in touch with DJI on your behalf if need be. The time it takes to receive a refund depends on your payment method (credit card, pay pal, etc.).
2016-6-22
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 11:54
Hello Dr_Sassi, if you buy it directly from DJI and you want to send it in for repair or replacement ...

Hi DJI-Paladin,
Thanks for your reply.

It is about DJI-Care at the moment, and here the refund of it. The DJ-Care was bought direclty from DJI, and I thought it would be a quick formality to refund it. I was wrong.

As we couldn't clear the initial problem with the first P4 so far, after four weeks, I have had send even the second P4 back to Amazon, and no need currently for the DJI care. I had no idea what have had happen with the first P4, and it seemed in my case as a security question to stop using the second (replacement).
All invoice and tracking numbers were supplied. I asked during the last month more than once if more material is needed. No answer.
My idea is to order instantly a new P4 if I get a plausible answer, accordingly to what I got hinted from the support so far. (… for the new reader of this thread who tries to make sense out of that, as a pre-order exploration, don’t be impressed in a negative way with this, as this is perhaps only (or less) than 0.1% of the currently sold P4s that caused at all trouble.) My impression so far, DJI has growing pains, but not at all in Carlson, Ca, they are exquisite!

In the mean time, I thought, to take the refund money and buy the OSMO from the DJI store. Which I imagined should be the fastest and simplest way to clear those thing: Buying new stuff instead of refunding to my bank account.

Currently my cases are just shuffled around, and become so a new "posted time stamp" this way, which distrots the logical flow of things a lot. Now it looks like a huge mess in the initial case: Four different questions, for two different P4s --  all constantly merged into one case, independent if it is support, sale or billing. (Not my style, not at all.)

I’m certain that getting frustrated and expressing it will not accelerate the case, never has. But I really like to do my “other” stuff, than this. DJI should stand for fun and exciting times, not for a “Kafka" like experience.

I suggested a “case duration indicator" here, as my impression is, that it would help to see that things are following current standard time frames. With this the frustration might be lower, and the mood on both sides more appreciative about the exchanged perspectives.
The people shuffling things around, can’t clear it, and support only the people in charge, to accelerate it, from my view. But from where I look at it, it feels like a game, and being pulled through circle-replies, etc, I get more and more frustrated. The idea to give the case to a “legal" seems to waste less time, but it should always be the last option, as the cost of such a “solution” is more than the whole refund would establish in the first place. But my time is also valuable!

Thanks for your time.

All the best
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Dr_Sassi Posted at 2016-6-24 02:29
Hi DJI-Paladin,
Thanks for your reply.

Do you try to get in touch with djicare@dji.com?
2016-6-23
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 19:22
Do you try to get in touch with ?

Thanks a lot, DJI Paladin, for the tip.  So far I have used the support page for that, with zero result, which certainly keeps the excitement low. I'm really grateful about this suggestion. I will report back, if I have something of value to share.
My best wishes.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Dr_Sassi Posted at 2016-6-24 14:34
Thanks a lot, DJI Paladin, for the tip.  So far I have used the support page for that, with zero re ...

You are welcome.Hope your issue could be solved soon.
2016-6-23
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

In theory they could, and it's not a difficult task.

But in reality no company is doing this, for good reasons. For example, if the "average" repair time is two weeks, a customer waiting three weeks would get angry.
2016-6-24
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-23 23:38
You are welcome.Hope your issue could be solved soon.

DJI-Paladin, Thank you.
2016-6-24
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-24 02:38
In theory they could, and it's not a difficult task.

But in reality no company is doing this, for  ...

Huntcool001,

I agree. No company should give the exact time, always have a buffer added. So, if it takes longer, the time was most-likely correct. If it is faster, well -- people are happy.

The right thing to do is, to train people to enable them to answer fast and accurate, so the cases will be not filled with new questions, upset replies about waiting etc.
Have enough people trained and things run smooth after a while. It is the part that makes or break competition after a while. Not the product itself - in my opinion.

(The wrong thing to do, outsource online support or hire just people because they are happy to do anything...)

Again, I think things get better, and given the over all positive feedback DJI gets for their very own Carson, Ca facility, I have hope.

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Dr_Sassi Posted at 2016-6-25 00:14
Huntcool001,

I agree. No company should give the exact time, always have a buffer added. So, if it ...

Since you are in the US, if you need a question answered super fast, call support 818-235-0789 M-F 7-5 PST.
If you call early, your call might be answered within just a few minutes.
2016-6-24
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-24 12:10
Since you are in the US, if you need a question answered super fast, call support 818-235-0789 M-F ...

Hi DJI-Ken,

Yes the team here in L.A. is great. I had the impression they are taking only care of  technical concerns. After four weeks of asking what happen with my first P4 (sudden move to the right), the online support turned in circles with me. Really, not fun. So, I called, got someone friendly, knowledgeable and supportive and got a hint what it could have been.
With that, back to my case files, and nothing. Is it six weeks all in all by now? I get often tempted to set a deadline and give the whole think to a legal, so far I could resist to do so. But I so show my frustration there...

My DJI care refund request is now around ten days "on the road", so given the curent two weeks estimation, I guess I allow for some more days. Certainly I will call and check how far I can get this cleared, so far the people in Carson were great, it will be a pleasure to talk to them. The online support, well, there is room for improvement ...

Yes, since I'm not aware of anything that I have done wrong, I hope we can finaly find a compromise about the repair costs. I just like to get an offer or coupon to support my order of an Osmo for now.

Reading along the forum I found several cases with similar "all of the sudden movements". Again, with the huge amount of  P3 and P4 drones alone, the discussed trouble here in the fora seems neglect-able.  But to experience such a little exception has left me with a durable impression. Hence my request to clear it. After all, I have three engineer degrees from three different German universities (hence my Dr. as one is in scientific engineering) Sorry about the bragging, but I 'm certainly used to clear things, and able to find my support to do so. Soon or later, as I have had learned here so far, later.
When things seems to be safe and stable, I'm really happy to order a drone again, especially the M600 looks good (I' m a RED Epic Dragon user)

Thanks so much for your time and your help.

All the best

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Dr_Sassi Posted at 2016-6-25 14:03
Hi DJI-Ken,

Yes the team here in L.A. is great. I had the impression they are taking only care of  ...

With refunds, since all DJI accepts is PayPal it does take a bit of time as the refund is processed through China and the US has nothing to do with it.
I'm sure everything will get sorted out soon.
And I can tell you that the P4 is an amazing aircraft with incredible technology built into it.
2016-6-25
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 08:49
With refunds, since all DJI accepts is PayPal it does take a bit of time as the refund is processe ...

Hi DJI-Ken,

OK, when it goes to China, then a call to my local DJI facility will make no sense.

Well, I suggested to move the two requested amounts to my DJI account. I'm under the impression that this would be a win win situation.

The P4 has a lot of potential, and yes, I have said it often: The amount of technology that is combined in the P4 is amazing, there is no doubt. Some problems remain, and my persistence (as well as everyone else's requests for safety), e.g., to ask what what happen with the "sudden move to the right" will certainly help to refine the firmware. I'm absolute confident that everyone at DJI is working with the highest targets in mind.

Let's hope that the people over there get not annoyed with the mess currently in my case file, which was created by DJI's very own "case preparer" dumbing all other cases into one. This certainly needs a new approach. I hope they can see through that created mess and that they are used to digest such monster threads. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your suggestion. It is always a pleasure to read your comments in each and every thread, as well Paladin's comments. Both of your contributions here feel like a fresh breeze; Thanks a lot.

We will see how this current case ends and how motivated I'm after all of that to equip our studio with DJI gear, as well how likely I will consult and blog about. (My current page had this year on an average 1.5 million views per day. I must do something right.)

Enjoy your weekend.
2016-6-25
Use props
Dr_Sassi
lvl.1

United States

Update: the request for the DJI Care cancelation was send by e-mail on June 24th, based on DJI-Paladin's tip!

After some information exchange, today the money was back in the original account on June 27th, even there was a weekend between. GREAT.

So, let me close this chapter, the forum -- run by Paladin and Ken -- is certainly great, and the e-mail option works fast and very well. I love the Carson, Ca DJI support.
(The support form, well, let me say it was a very mixed experience, with a tendency to not good at all. I wish I never had the need to use it)

Thanks again, for the many parts that worked very well.

In the moment I get a clear answer why the P4 flu all of the sudden to the right (the P4 was not returned after the "pit-stop" so the ".dat" file is in DJI's possession, I have only the ".txt" file): I will feel safe to buy a new one - instantly. But for now, I might have to play safe and perhaps explore the OSMO a little bit, we will see.
2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules