What do you forget when flying?
1377 4 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

For me, there are two things I keep forgetting to do when I take up the Inspire.

1) Raise the landing gear. It is usually about 5 minutes into the flight when I say, "Dang! I left gear down!"
2) Hit record. I have missed some good video by forgetting to turn on the record button.

You?

2015-1-22
Use props
abe.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep forgetting to raise the landing gear, too. When I first started flying Phantoms I would often forget to begin recording, but got over that hurdle quickly.

I believe a good new feature for the Pilot app would be to add a setting that automatically raises the legs when the Inspire rises to a specific height, maybe 5 or 10 meters.
2015-1-22
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

abe.email Posted at 2015-1-23 12:20
I keep forgetting to raise the landing gear, too. When I first started flying Phantoms I would often ...

Only would want this as a switch. I like keeping my feet down well training
2015-1-23
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

personally,i think a good practice would be to raise up to a few meters,hover for  a minute to make sure it looks stable,then raise the legs and fly. you could also double check the status before moving as an extra check. i think doing something like this would help if done every time. Also,make a check list to follow and read it every time.
2015-1-23
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

s.s.gibbs1.emai Posted at 2015-1-24 13:44
personally,i think a good practice would be to raise up to a few meters,hover for  a minute to make  ...

As someone who used to fly microlights I heartily endorse checklists.

Now, anyone care to write one?  :-)
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules