Zenmuse X5R Image issues
2575 9 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

I've been using my Zenmuse X5R camera with my Osmo for a couple of weeks now and I've noticed a potental serious problem.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if DJI is aware of this issue.  Or is it just a setting I didn't set properly.  After shooting some tests and reviewing the clips I noticed a difference in the various format outputs.  I've been downloading the H.264 quicktimes that contain the audio from the microSD card as well as the RAW clips from the SSD card.  I'm using CineLite to download the material off the SSD card.  For the most part I was saving the RAW clips as ProRes 4444XQ.  When I looked at this material in my compositing software I noticed a weird artifact.  The best way I can discribe it is that it looks like the RGB channels are in misalignment.  It could be something else, but that's what it looks like to me.  This artifact doesn't appear on the DNG files nor the H.264 files from the microSD card.  Does anyone know what is causing this?  
One other thing I noticed was that the framing on the H.264 quicktime was different then on the RAW material.

DNG1.JPG
H264_1.jpg
ProRes4444XQ1.jpg
misalignment1.jpg
misalignmentCallout1.jpg
2016-6-23
Use props
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

Oh I forgot to mention that the above images are NOT color corrected.  I brightened them to illustrate the issues.
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Have you tried the DJI CineLight? DJI CineLight is for the Osmo DNG files specifically. Kindly please download it at the official DJI website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

Thanks for your support.
2016-6-24
Use props
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

Yes as I mentioned before I am using CineLight to download the clips off of the SSD card.  The image issue shows up when I try to export in ProRes 4444XQ.
2016-6-24
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft

I can say definitively that your problem isn't misalignment of the RGB channels. That would have a very telltale sign. In the white collar, you would see a cyan fringe on one side and on the opposing side there would be a red fringe. That color combination is just one of the possibilities but it's always opposing primary/secondary colors. I worked my way through college and beyond as a Dye Transfer tech. Trust me, I know.
2016-6-24
Use props
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

If this issue happens every time I save a ProRes then it makes even offering a ProRes export option pointless.  
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nrwray@mac.com Posted at 2016-6-25 00:52
Yes as I mentioned before I am using CineLight to download the clips off of the SSD card.  The image ...

Hello.
Thanks for your confirmation.
Have you updated the CineLight to the latest version? Please learn more information about the latest CineLight at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
To analyze your case, could you please upload the original DNG picture to a public platform? I'll have our engineers help to look at it further.

Any more detail would be helpful and appreciated.
2016-6-26
Use props
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

Yes I'm using the latest version of Cinelight.  Adela what do you mean "public platform"?  Should I also upload a image from the ProRes 4444XQ movie?
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nrwray@mac.com Posted at 2016-6-28 08:24
Yes I'm using the latest version of Cinelight.  Adela what do you mean "public platform"?  Should I  ...

Hello.
Please upload the RAW file to Dropbox and share the Dropbox link with us so that we can download the RAW file for further analysis.

Thanks.
2016-6-27
Use props
DRONE FILMS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4705 ft
Colombia

hello I have a problem downloading the files from the SSD512 when connecting the on my windows pc with the card reader and downloading the information with DJI CAMERA EXPORTER a 10 second clip takes 3 hours to download a 1 minute clip to my pc 20 hours.

I have a good pc / 64 ram / video card nvidia 8 gigas / solid state and m.2 / amd rizen 7 1900x.

I have to wait so long is not possible thanks
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules