Are Phantom 2's still worth purchasing used?
4002 11 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chiefgeek
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

Ran across this on CL:  http://nashville.craigslist.org/tag/5625892816.html and am curious if a Phantom 2 is still a viable purchase with so many 3's and now the 4 out?  Thank you.  
2016-6-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Only if you only have a very low budget, the P3 is a quantum leap over the P2, and the P4 is a big leap over the P3. Probably the best value for money buy is a P3 Advanced. Avoid the Standard, it is no better than a P2.
2016-6-23
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

If you are new to the drone world and want something to practice,  and have a low budget, you can consider P2.  Then you can buy P3 after the price is lowered in a year or two.

Otherwise I would suggest buying P3A for the best value, or P4 if you're financially well-off.
2016-6-23
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

If you have a P2 with a gimbal and a GOPRO 4 black you will have a better picture quality than the P4.
I have make more than 300 fly and I really happy with my P2 because never let me down and I have make some serious money...

2016-6-23
Use props
chiefgeek
lvl.1

United States

I just thought as a second dji, and for $150, maybe?
2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

chiefgeek Posted at 2016-6-25 09:22
I just thought as a second dji, and for $150, maybe?

You don't say to what use you'll put the 2nd drone. Therefore, any assessment is meaningless.
2016-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A Phantom 3 Pro', can be had for a very reasonable amount today.
That would be my ultimate choice... YMMV..
Why sell yourself short? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-6-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Buying a new charger and props will add close to another $100.00 and you could still end up with someones POS!, meaning it is a total gamble...
What happened to the charger? etc. etc...
I would not risk it unless it were complete for the $150.00
Otheerwise, the P2 Vision is still a treat to fly,

that said, the P3A would be a great choice and there are regularly ebay sales on them...
2016-6-26
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Airspace Explor Posted at 2016-6-26 00:26
You don't say to what use you'll put the 2nd drone. Therefore, any assessment is meaningless.

^^^  THIS   ^^^

Just wamt to get your feet wet with the drone hobby?    That'll do just fine.   A P1 will do just fine.

But listen to everyone's advice about the battery and charger.   You could spend more on those if they are no good than the drone itself.
2016-6-26
Use props
chiefgeek
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, good advice. I've got a new P3A, and love it. Just thought maybe a second one for one of my daughters or wife to play with out in the country.
2016-7-2
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

The P2 is still a fine flying machine. If you get it for the right price and all is functional it will do you well. Kind of like a car the newer you get the more bells and whistles and functionality but the speed limit is still set and flying is flying. Today, yesterday or tomorrow... Mater of choice and money. Enjoy which ever. I won't give up my P2 as they are rock solid.
2016-7-5
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2016-7-5 05:42
The P2 is still a fine flying machine. If you get it for the right price and all is functional it wi ...

The P2 used to be a great flying machine.   DJI forced a range extender update down through the DJI Vision ap, IOS and Android, which bricked 100's of the Phantom 2's making them virtually useless.   The range extender looses it's binding with the camera..........DJI refuses to recognize this as a problem they created.  Do some research before you buy.  The forum is filled with people having this problem.
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules