USB not Recognized
26753 22 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joeypayne
lvl.1

United States

When I plug the USB from the Phantom to my computer the computer does not recognize it. The computer is only 4 months old and the operating system is Windows 8.1. Can someone help me please?  
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Did you download the "windows drivers" with the PC and PT2 program?
2015-1-22
Use props
joeypayne
lvl.1

United States

Where do I get the drivers? I downloaded the one link that gives me the dashboard. But when I hook it up to my USB port it doesn't find it.
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

joeypayne Posted at 2015-1-23 12:29
Where do I get the drivers? I downloaded the one link that gives me the dashboard. But when I hook i ...

go to products on the DJI main page, click on the model of your phantom,  up at the top right you will see download, click on that.

You need the "windows drivers? if you have a pc
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6
DJI RC System Assistant_1.2
download those 3 to your pc and you will connect thr remote control to the RC program and the Phantom to the PC@ program

Download the Phantom 2 Vision User Manual (EN) v1.6
2015-1-22
Use props
morrisoncd31.em
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-23 12:37
go to products on the DJI main page, click on the model of your phantom,  up at the top right you  ...

DON'T BOTHER, THIS DOES NOTHING!Done it all, doesn't fix the problem, at least in my case. I have zero lights come on in the Asst. Software when I'm connect, nor have I ever over the course of two machines and thousands of dollars.
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

morrisoncd31.em Posted at 2015-1-23 13:38
DON'T BOTHER, THIS DOES NOTHING!Done it all, doesn't fix the problem, at least in my case. I have z ...

What is your problem, enlighten us.
2015-1-22
Use props
rod.email
lvl.4

New Zealand

morrisoncd31.em Posted at 2015-1-23 13:38
DON'T BOTHER, THIS DOES NOTHING!Done it all, doesn't fix the problem, at least in my case. I have z ...

Hi, from what you say, you are not actually connecting to your software. Gerry has given you the answer regarding drivers which sounds like the problem.  You must download the drivers with the phantom connected as it dumps code onto the bird. Have a look at my thread here and follow the links carefully. I hope this helps.   http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D7&lang=en

Rod
2015-1-22
Use props
lgmisc
New

United States

rod.email Posted at 2015-1-23 14:11
Hi, from what you say, you are not actually connecting to your software. Gerry has given you the a ...

"morrisoncd31.em Posted at 2015-1-23 13:38
DON'T BOTHER, THIS DOES NOTHING!Done it all, doesn't fix the problem, at least in my case. I have z ..."

I've got the same problem.  I downloaded the drivers and DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6.  Did it on 2 computers and it does not recognize the controller.  Any suggestions are appreciated.
2015-1-24
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

lgmisc@aol.com Posted at 2015-1-24 16:24
"morrisoncd31.em Posted at 2015-1-23 13:38
DON'T BOTHER, THIS DOES NOTHING!Done it all, doesn't f ...

Naturally you won't recognize the controller. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.6 is for the Phantom only.  You also need to download and install the "DJI RC System Assistant_1.2"  and connect your controller to that.

When you have them both downloaded and installed, you will see 2 red squares on your desktop

One will have "RC"  connect your remote controller and open that
One will have "PT2"   connect your Phantom helicopter and open that.
2015-1-24
Use props
morrisoncd31.em
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-24 16:43
Naturally you won't recognize the controller. The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.6 is for the Ph ...

will do Gerry, will let you know. THANKS!
2015-1-24
Use props
morrisoncd31.em
New

United States

morrisoncd31.em Posted at 2015-1-25 11:27
will do Gerry, will let you know. THANKS!

nope, nothing.
2015-1-24
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

Mac or PC ?
2015-1-25
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Do you now have all three downloaded and installed to your computer?  Do you have a MAC or a PC?

You need the "windows drivers? if you have a pc
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6
DJI RC System Assistant_1.2

2015-1-25
Use props
malexii.email
New

United States

I fought and fought mine because it wouldn't connect ether. I finally got it to connect by downloading the windows drivers and the Vision assistant as a zip file but do not run the program until you have your Phantom connected with both the transmitter and phantom powered on. Then when I installed the software into the computer it recognized the phantom. I must have installed the software 10  times until I figured this out.
2015-1-25
Use props
lgmisc
New

United States

I fought and fought mine because it wouldn't connect ether. I finally got it to connect by downloading the windows drivers and the Vision assistant as a zip file but do not run the program until you have your Phantom connected with both the transmitter and phantom powered on. Then when I installed the software into the computer it recognized the phantom. I must have installed the software 10  times until I figured this out.

Did exactly what you described but no luck.  DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 recognizes the remote control and works ok.    The DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6 doesn't recognize the Phantom at all.   Still NG
2015-1-25
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

lgmisc@aol.com Posted at 2015-1-26 14:18
I fought and fought mine because it wouldn't connect ether. I finally got it to connect by downloadi ...

Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Phantom Assistant_3.6 and try connecting again.  Plug it into the front of the Phantom  There is a small rubber flap to lift up and plug is behind that.  Then turn on the Phantom and open the PT2 program.
2015-1-25
Use props
lgmisc
New

United States

Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Phantom Assistant_3.6 and try connecting again

Gerry,  I've done that 3 times with no luck, even changed the usb cable and no luck.    Mine is a V3.  Could that be part of the problem?
2015-1-25
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

lgmisc@aol.com Posted at 2015-1-26 14:48
Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Phantom Assistant_3.6 and try connecting again

Gerry,  I've done  ...

Having the V3 is no problem,  I have both the Vision + and the V3 and run both from the same program.  You are connecting it to the port under the rubber flap, I assume.  Start the PT2 program and then power up the Phantom.  You should hear the connection sound on your computer.
2015-1-25
Use props
malexii.email
New

United States

Mines the V3 also and windows 8.1. Uninstall everything, plug in the phantom not the transmitter to your computer and download everything again. Should work.
2015-1-26
Use props
lgmisc
New

United States

I've done that 3 times with no luck, even changed the usb cable and no luck.

Ok I fixed the problem.  Well sort of.  I originally ordered the Phantom from Amazon.  When I wasn't having any luck with the USB being recognized I requested a replacement for the defective one.  
The replacement arrived today and all is great and properly working.  
So the Phantom was a bad unit.

Thank you all for the help I truly appreciate it!
2015-1-27
Use props
bluesideup777
lvl.1

United States

lgmisc@aol.com Posted at 2015-1-27 22:52
I've done that 3 times with no luck, even changed the usb cable and no luck.

Ok I fixed the probl ...

This is not from me but this is what worked for me. This is also how you may fix the problem on windows 8.

For people having issues installing the device on Windows 10, I think I have the answer (well it worked for me anyway)

1) First, you have to disable the requirement for drivers to be signed, a guide can be found here for windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users:
http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/

2) Once that has been done, open device manager on your PC and expand the Serial ports section, now if you plug and wait then unplug your naza, you should see one here called USB serial device that will have a COM number of 1-15 possibly after it. This will be your Naza.

3)Right click your COM device, click 'update driver Software', then click 'Browse my computer for driver software'
4) then click 'let me pick from a list'.
5)Click 'have disk' then browse to the location the DJI driver software put the drivers (generally 'C:/Program Files (x86)/DJI Product/DJI Driver vx.xx' or similar. In this folder will be a 3 source folders, you will need to open the Source64 folder then select the .inf file and click open
6) The device driver box should now have DJI USB Virtual COM or similar in, click this then click next. This should successfully install the device driver and allow the software to now see your Naza. If at the last stage you get an error saying the driver could not be installed, you may not have completed step 1 correctly and disabled driver signing, or the driver may be corrupted. In the latter, uninstall the device drivers from the Remove Programs section of control panel, reboot, then install the driver package again from DJI.

If the above has helped, please quote the post and let me know, also any issues please let me know and i'll do my best to help.

If USB Serial Device does not show up in device manager for you or does not disappear when you unplug/plug the USB cable for the Naza THIS GUIDE WILL NOT HELP YOU
2016-3-11
Use props
fansc21ef4b7
lvl.1

Brazil

I algo got this problem. I solve it doin't that:

1. turn on my MAC (lol)
2. Turn on RC
3. Turn on Phantom (4)
4. Connect cable USB
5. It Works...

So it isn't working i don't know why. I test a lot of others usb cables.
I was trying use it without turning the RC on. It work the Assistent but don't work for USB Files download, photos and videos. Turning the RC on was the solution for me.

2016-12-21
Use props
fans7400a5a7
New

bluesideup777@a Posted at 2016-3-11 02:09
This is not from me but this is what worked for me. This is also how you may fix the problem on windows 8.

For people having issues installing the device on Windows 10, I think I have the answer (well it worked for me anyway)

The perfect solution to my Windows 10. NAZA M V2 connection problem.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules