Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 altitude drop after 180° turn(firmware 1.1.411) — Fixed!
1371 6 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi folks,

I got a s1000+, Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 pro, and after a long concideration I decided to buy the phantom 4 — despite all the negative comments and whining — and took a leap of faith in DJI. The upgrade process went fine, no issues there. I did reset and IMU calibration twice. The "altitude drop" when stoping the p4 is fixed — kind of — it still drops a few inches. But what supprised me though was when I did a 180° turn. Then the P4 droped somewhere between 2-4 meters sometimes. Here is video when it happened, I've shared the entire flight record data from the whole maiden flight session in a dropbox share(1.59gb) https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7nxej ... 9-55-15%5D.DAT?dl=0 .

Unlike some here, this is not a deal breaker for me. I love everything else about the P4. I hope the data I've provided will be of use — and that my P4 don't have any faulty hardware.

Btw, does anyone else have this issue?

2016-6-24
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

I refused to give up, so I solved the issue and here are my steps:

Connected the P4 to DJI Assistant 2(Mac) refreshed the firmware(1.1.411) by updating/installing it again. Then did a factory reset through DJI Assistant 2. Once more I did a IMU calibration and a restart. Then flew a full battery with the P4 and the altitude drop issue was gone.

This post could perhaps help others that are experiencing the same issue. Just do what I did and perhaps that will fix the problem. I really love the way the P4 flies. Much better than the P3. I flew away 1000m + and had no issue with video feedback or weak signal. Also I tired the tracking function, it was great! It was and still is pure joy!

Thanks
2016-6-24
Use props
aerialphotograp
lvl.4
Thailand

I posted last week that a factory reset improved mine after many complaints to DJI who didn't even suggest doing a Factory reset, had to figure it out myself
2016-6-24
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

I am in the same boat as you! It really bugs me when I see my altitude change without any input. Usually I'm high enough in the sky where it really isn't a big deal, but it still bothers me. If it gets worse I'll be sure to try out a factory reset. I feel like this and the tilted horizon are just bugs in the software. Personally, I have never had such an advanced piece of technology, and it is not a deal breaker for me either. I can modify the gimbal tilt while in flight with the commands, which is bothersome, but after that the video smoothness and overall quality is insane!
2016-6-24
Use props
Almaskm
lvl.2
Kazakhstan

I did so:

1. factory reset
2. Reupdate firmware.
3. Power off.
4. Power ON
5. factory reset
6. Power off.
7. Power ON
8. factory reset
9. Calibrated the IMU on a perfectly flat surface
10. calibrate  sensors
11. calibrate Gimbal.

then it began to fly well.

2016-6-24
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

Just did a long distance test, and flew 3415m (11197 feet) with no signal loss or weak TX/RX. Only thing that stopped me was the RTH warning. And I always pay heed to the warnings. Can't express how much I love the new Phantom 4 <3

Phantom 4 distance test

Phantom 4 distance test

2016-6-25
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Might have to try that.
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced