apple vision 2 app pulled? Why? What now? No support?
11280 75 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hardluck2go
lvl.1

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-4 23:27
I can't believe that DJI has screwed us this bad...  Everything was fine.  I just used my Phantom 2  ...

All we can do is wait and hope DJI will take responsiblity. I guess more and more people are finding out it is just not a random issue. DJI knows...they have to...too many people have the same issue. Think of the people that don't fly all the time and pull it out and then update not knowing. Now I know the iPhone app is pulled but there are still a ton of Android users that will become a victim.

We all are in the same sinking ship with no life jackets. {:4_154:}
2016-7-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We received an update and the App should arrive sometime mid July baring any unforeseen circumstances.  
2016-7-4
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-7-4 22:24
We received an update and the App should arrive sometime mid July baring any unforeseen circumstance ...

And is this going to fix everyones loss of live video feed issue too or is it just the app? What about the victims with Android and no live video feed? Sounds like DJI damage control to keep everyone silent.  
2016-7-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-7-5 10:24
We received an update and the App should arrive sometime mid July baring any unforeseen circumstance ...

Here's my take on it...

DJI put out an update that FRIED the wifi module.  I don't believe that any amount of software updating can fix it.  I rolled back 2 versions of the vision app, and it doesn't fix the problem.  I've only seen one solution which was to replace the wifi module ($200US)...  I don't know what they did.  I'm not sure how they did it, but I do believe that DJI is responsible for damaging my Phantom 2 Vision+...

{:4_154:}
2016-7-5
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-5 22:43
Here's my take on it...

DJI put out an update that FRIED the wifi module.  I don't believe that a ...

I totally agree with you. I think there was a major problem with the apps including Android. It seems DJI does not want to take responsibility for the repairs at their expense. My last update on the controller and Phantom itself was the one just before they put the flight limits on. I never updated after that because I did not want the limits. Everything was perfect until that forced app update. I had to rebind the camera and Wifi because it would not connect after that update...then I was able to connect and had no live video to this day.

Just wish they would do something to fix this. I won't buy parts to fix something I did not do....I will put the money in to something else before I give DJI anything more. If it was my fault I would gladly pay for parts and wouldn't expect anything free. I am to scared to update anything at this point for fear of loosing everything. The sad part is, last night I was trying to film the July 4th fireworks and could not see what I was filming and missed a lot of nice footage. Looking at a black screen is no fun at all.  
2016-7-5
Use props
ncmenk
lvl.1

United States

DJI... What is your plan if the new App does not fix the error YOUR system introduced into our Drones?
2016-7-6
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

Wow I tried to post something and now it says it needs to be reviewed. I guess I will be black listed from here soon for telling the truth.  
2016-7-6
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

To post again, I had to remove a link to phantom pilots dot com called
"Can't connect through camera..."

Post # 93 was intresting. Sure makes me wonder how many have the No live feed issues with both Apple and Android apps.  

DJI you need to come clean and tell us the truth. The truth alway comes out, I would think it would be better coming from you and help us... in place of hiding behind the curtain.  All we want is the truth and what to do. The issue is not going away...you have some very upset people that just happen to also be a customer of yours or at least for now.

Yes I'm ticked off but I am still here as a customer to work with you (DJI) as long as we have real answers and not the vague DJI posts that I keep seeing. Why not make a sticky with daily updates for us from corporate? If you (DJI) were really willing to help why has there been no questions for us unless you know what the actual issue is?
Think of the customer and how they feel.

2016-7-6
Use props
mcclay
lvl.1

Taiwan

What kind of English is this for the lastest IOS DJI Vision version 1.0.60?

"Emergency repair problems that upgrade firmware for P2V aircraft will cause connection problems."

Wat?
2016-7-6
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126857 ft
Italy

i can't believe such a company doesn't put some serious money into after sales. i know DJI's support is very poor for years now and while their sales are growing, support is barely breathing. unbelievable.
anyway, my bet is this:
- they release the new app with new "upgrade" for extender
- this new "upgrade" will try to fix the live video feed
- and it still won't work for all poor bastards (where hw stayed intacts)
2016-7-7
Use props
benbell
New

United States

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-5 09:43
Here's my take on it...

DJI put out an update that FRIED the wifi module.  I don't believe that a ...

FYI - I rolled back my app version to 1.0.48 (still had it in my iTunes) and bought a new extender in case my original one was fried.  I tried to connect them last night and it still doesn't work.  

This morning I noticed that my app was "upgraded" to 1.0.60 without me knowing about it... so I tried the upgraded app with the brand new extender, it still doesn't work.
2016-7-7
Use props
adamcb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171030 ft
  • >>>
United States

benbell@me.com Posted at 2016-7-7 11:16
FYI - I rolled back my app version to 1.0.48 (still had it in my iTunes) and bought a new extender ...

I have the same "no live video feed" issue (everything else works) and tried the new app this morning.

Still have the no live video feed. Tried rebinding, reseting, all that jazz. No dice.

DJI - what is my next step?

Adam
2016-7-7
Use props
mariobeaulieu
lvl.1

Canada

Ok. DJI Vision app is back on the appstore. It says "Emergency repair problems that upgrade firmware for P2V aircraft will cause connection problems." What does that mean? DJI, did you fix it? Is this a warning not to install it (way too late)? If I install it, will everything be back to normal? I'm a little scare to try this, since the last experience I had with these updates.

Please DJI, can you help us a little more here?
2016-7-7
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

I'm going to wait before I try anything. Android is still the same so I don't see anything changing. It really would be nice I they would tell us what is going on!

2016-7-7
Use props
I'll save everyone the trouble.  The update didn't fix shit.  I updated everything and still have no video feed.  DJI totally screwed me....and my phantom....
2016-7-8
Use props
mariobeaulieu
lvl.1

Canada

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-8 12:42
I'll save everyone the trouble.  The update didn't fix shit.  I updated everything and still have no ...

Hi,
Is the option to update the ranger extender still present in this version, or did they remove it?

The thing is that is should be there to allow the update of the range extender firmware to the version that was working before DJI screwed it up. I'm wondering whether or not it will even be possible to revert back to the previous range extender firmware, since it needs to communicate via wifi. If that's not possible, I wonder how they can do it. Maybe there's some kind of hard reset possible that would bring it back to factory defaults.

How do we get DJI to come on this forum to keep us imformed?
2016-7-8
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

mariobeaulieu Posted at 2016-7-8 13:26
Hi,
Is the option to update the ranger extender still present in this version, or did they remove  ...

Actually DJI does not care. I hate to be negative but they are not going to pay for their screw up. If they cared DJI would be here helping not just having some tech clown telling us that it's our fault or we have defective parts. The only thing defective is DJI that is really broken!

As mentioned in a different post; "DJI I'm sorry you screwed up. Please get in touch with your customers and send new parts to us for diagnosis!

You have all our information and I would guess way more that we know about. So simply send us the replacement parts you messed up with a return prepaid label and I will send you the bad parts back. Not hard to do is it??????"

2016-7-8
Use props
hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-9 10:11
Actually DJI does not care. I hate to be negative but they are not going to pay for their screw up ...

They've turned our Phantoms into boat anchors.  I wonder if there are enough people for a lawsuit?
2016-7-9
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-9 14:49
They've turned our Phantoms into boat anchors.  I wonder if there are enough people for a lawsuit?

There has to be countless number of people with this issue. I think the main problem is most of them may not even know it was DJI that did it. Think of all the ones that never were even updated and then the app screwed them.

I'm in for a lawsuit.
2016-7-9
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-9 21:46
There has to be countless number of people with this issue. I think the main problem is most of th ...

I've been using my Phantom 3 for a couple months, but on 7/5 I decided to take my Phantom 2 on a job, like an idiot I pulled the new Vision app 1.0.58 from the Apple store a few weeks back, needless to say I never got off the ground.  The firmware update bricked me, my client was a bit aggravated.  I don't know what a lawsuit would do, there must be thousands of Phantom 2 users out there with this problem, but a suit would probably take a few years.   DJI is in China, there'd be all sorts of red tape.  DJI should just take back all the RE500 and RE700's, flash them, eat the cost and keep their customers happy.  If the problem isn't resolved in a couple of weeks, I'll have to go to another manufacturer.   Yuneec makes a nice drone.........
2016-7-10
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

janj3@optonline Posted at 2016-7-11 08:22
I've been using my Phantom 3 for a couple months, but on 7/5 I decided to take my Phantom 2 on a j ...

I have started posting in all the places I can find.... Facebook, Twitter, and word of mouth just to let people know how poor DJI is and what has happened. I would be far more forgiving if they would take some responsiblity  for what they did.  It has crossed my mind that they had a bunch of parts for the Vision and figured they would trash ours to sell the left over parts they had, since most of us are out of warranty. But I also read on another forum that there are no parts available any longer since the update actually burned some boards out that can not be fixed. But only DJI knows the really story for now.

I am so upset there are no words to describe it. The lawsuit is out for sure, but the social media could knock them down. I already had three friends I know that just purchased from another manufacture and not DJI. All because of what they see I'm dealing with and the other family members.

2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-11 09:42
I have started posting in all the places I can find.... Facebook, Twitter, and word of mouth just  ...

Sorry for your frustration. If your extender has been bricked due to the firmware issue and it has no physical damage, we will arrange free RMA for you. Please get in touch with our support. Then send it in for diagnosis and repairing. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for inconvenience.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-12 11:31
Sorry for your frustration. If your extender has been bricked due to the firmware issue and it has  ...

I think that my extender is fine.  I think you've bricked my wifi module...  How do we get in touch with support?
2016-7-13
Use props
mariobeaulieu
lvl.1

Canada

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-13 10:26
I think that my extender is fine.  I think you've bricked my wifi module...  How do we get in touc ...

Hi,

Are they not the same thing?
2016-7-13
Use props
mariobeaulieu Posted at 2016-7-14 05:18
Hi,

Are they not the same thing?

I thought that the extender was the square unit attached to the remote control.  The wifi module is inside the drone.
2016-7-13
Use props
mariobeaulieu
lvl.1

Canada

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-13 19:16
I thought that the extender was the square unit attached to the remote control.  The wifi module i ...

I may be wrong, but I think it's called WIFI Range extender. It is the square unit that allows communication with the drone via WIFI. There must be a wifi unit inside the drone too.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-13 22:26
I think that my extender is fine.  I think you've bricked my wifi module...  How do we get in touc ...

You can send an email to support@dji.com.
2016-7-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-15 09:52
You can send an email to .

So is this the final ruling?
I too have no video feed and the phantom 2 is of no use at this time.
I also thought the Phantom vision 2 was no longer software supported so why have DJI messed with it?
Mine worked flawless before this....
2016-7-17
Use props
I've been holding for DJI support for over an hour.....
2016-7-18
Use props
ncmenk
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-15 09:52
You can send an email to .

So DJI has no fix in the works? I was under the impression you were to have it out 6 weeks from the failure date. I have been waiting to hear your solution before I go the RMA route and have to send my Drone and all the other hardware in to have it fixed as I do not feel it can be fixed at this time. IF there is no fix, what does DJI intend to do for all the customers that had perfectly functioning devices until DJI pushed out an untested update that crashed us all? We are on day 26 of your self imposed 6 week (42 day) window... I would strongly encourage DJI to offer a solution in the next 16 days before we are all forced to seek help in getting our investments back!
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ncmenk@comcast. Posted at 2016-7-20 11:42
So DJI has no fix in the works? I was under the impression you were to have it out 6 weeks from th ...

Sorry for your frustration. I can understand your feeling but if your drone is experiencing an hardware issue, please get in touch with our US tech support and send it in for diagnosis and repairing.Also, the time is related to the app but NOT the extender issue. What's more, if you are experiencing the same externder issue after the update and there is no damage on it, we will arrange free RMA for you. Thanks for your understanding 北美地址.JPG
2016-7-19
Use props
ncmenk
lvl.1

United States

I have not seen any new updated App for the DJI on APple store. WAs one put up and I missed it? I tried again to day to get my Quad to connect. No go. DJI sent me e-mailed to return it but before I pack up the device I want to be sure there is no other option to try and fix it via software.
2016-9-24
Use props
FM tito
New

France

I have the same problem as you guys, but I am based in France. If anybody does not understand customer service, it's France.
DJI, Who can I contact for fixing this problem?
2017-3-11
Use props
Harrypotter
New

United Kingdom

Hadn't flown for months and decided to sell my Phantom vision in hope to buy the Mavic. Guy came around and we took it for a test flight, couldn't get the camera working. It kept on saying it couldn't connect the camera. We could control the camera but no vision on my iPhone. We tried an Android phone and still the same problem.

Now, I know there is nothing wrong with the phantom and both phones. We even did areset everything with no joy. At the end of the day, the guy decided NOT to buy because
he thought there was a fault. Thank you DJi, you've just lost me a sale and I guess you have too!
2017-4-23
Use props
Karl Seel
New

United States

I wish someone would explain.  I too have the Vision 2 with no working app.  sure would like to download a working version.   meanpuppydog@gmail.com
2019-5-17
Use props
Karl Seel
New

United States

I wish someone would explain.  I too have the Vision 2 with no working app.  sure would like to download a working version.   meanpuppydog@gmail.com
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules