OSMO poor battery life?
14716 7 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter.maged.lou
New

United Arab Emirates

Hello all i got a new osmo 3 days ago and tested it  out yesterday filming several sights in dubai. I noticed the battery runs out super quickly! i was told it lasts 60 minutes of filming but in reality i only managed to film a total of 20 minutes of videos filmed in 1080p and took about 6 pictures, 2 of which were panoramas.

the eperience was very uncomfortable, constantly shuttind down the osmo after each video and eyeballing the battery life on the dji go app so that i can save every bit of battery i can. and in the end i did not get an hour of filming.. barely even half.

I have my firmware upgraded to the latest.

I also noticed it overheated with every single video, weather in dubai is quite hot.

Is this normal? do users only get 30 mins of filming time on their osmos? what ould be done to make the osmo's battery life longer? are there extension batteries with much longer life?

Im afraid if thats all the osmo can offer with no fix it may not be suitable for me and i'ld have to return it. I was really excited to get it and use it but this aspect truly disappointed me.

i appreciate any suggestions. thank you.
UPDATE:
today i set my camera on a table with an empty SD card and a full 100% battery and set it to take a video, it took a video total of 35 mins when the battery died.

2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The reported 60 minutes duration of a fully charged battery is recorded under Sleep Mode. Generally, it can only last around 30 minutes while recording with a fully charged battery.
To extend the duration of your Osmo, you may need the External Battery Extender, please visit the official DJI online store for more information: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender

Thanks.
2016-6-26
Use props
peter.maged.lou
New

United Arab Emirates

Adela,

Thats a really short filming time, i hope dji work on improving that in their future products.
2016-7-2
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

On a recent bench test , filming at 1080p , managed to get 67 minutes !
2016-7-2
Use props
oliverthomasart
New

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-27 11:13
Hello.
The reported 60 minutes duration of a fully charged battery is recorded under Sleep Mode. Ge ...

How exactly, does that match up with this, from a firmware update a little while ago?

"1. Consumption reduced, increasing Osmo battery life to 90 minutes for a total recording time of 70 minutes (80 minutes with Wi-Fi off)."

2016-7-2
Use props
info
lvl.1

United States

nomad65 Posted at 2016-7-2 07:29
On a recent bench test , filming at 1080p , managed to get 67 minutes !

Hi nomad65. I've only been able to get 30 minutes of recording 1080 with my Osmo.
How did you get 67 minutes?
What version firmware and app are you using?
Thanks!
2016-7-10
Use props
info
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-26 20:13
Hello.
The reported 60 minutes duration of a fully charged battery is recorded under Sleep Mode. Ge ...

Hi Adela, How do I record "under Sleep Mode"?
Thanks.
2016-7-10
Use props
fjflb
New

Portugal

20 min !?!

Lucky guy! I have the same issue but can't film more than 15m

The battery overheat because it sucks.

2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced