Phantom 3 standard not work after water crash!
1853 6 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rguezlp
New

United States

Hello guys today is the worse day since i have my drone,i am just filming in the lake and the low battery mode was enable with return home but when i try to stop the RTH the drone just crash with a three because the app just crash, and fall into the water (complete) for a couple of second....
Please i have the drone for about one month and now this..... Any help can be really appreciate guys....
I ready contact DJI and after my supper bad experience with DJI costumer service,after almost one week they tell me that only can offers me 15% for purchasing a new one...that's crazy,this accident is not my fault  and DJI tell me that ????
Please somebody help me here....

Thank you so much!
2016-6-25
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

I don't think you're telling us the whole story.
2016-6-25
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

While I can empathize with your anguish... honestly, it sounds like a self inflicted wound.  You made the decision to bypass the RTH function with a low battery.  And even if the app crashes you can still control the Phantom.  
2016-6-25
Use props
ve2aed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268150 ft
Canada

Did you send them the "flight record file from either the Phantom or it is also in your tablet ", there will be a record (txt file) for every flight you ever made , they can see if it is pilot error or equipment error , they are usually very fair in their decision but it must be based on logic from the record not from your argument .
Howard
2016-6-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Crashed app does not = crashed Phantom.  Pilot error on this one.
2016-6-25
Use props
ve2aed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268150 ft
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-6-25 14:24
Crashed app does not = crashed Phantom.  Pilot error on this one.

This may be too late for you but if you removed the battery within a few minutes after it entered the water and then dry the P3 very well , perhaps in warm "üncooked"rice and keep the rice warm for a few days your drone may survive , my friends P3 worked after 2 days of heat and rice.... rice is a desiccant , if you left your battery connected probably for over 5 minutes of being wet your recovery odds are low.
2016-6-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your issue, rguezlp. The app crash will not lead to a drone's crash. Have you synced your flight record and required data analysis on your issue?
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules