A3 landing gear
6915 26 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user1b779907b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18025 ft

I am trying to get my retractable landing gear to work. I have tried the default port F1 and other ports as well. Assitant software shows that the channel is working properly and if i bypass the A3 and plug landing gear directly into RX the landing gear works fine. It appears the F ports are not sending any signal out.
2016-6-25
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

Are you doing your testing on the ground?

At least in my experience, the A3 appears to have some sort of built-in logic that won't let it raise its gear unless the craft is armed and off the ground.

Funny side story:  I wired my F1 into the landing gear and the LED on the gear showed green (so it was calibrated an such).  Then I suspended the S1000 from the front and back arms so there would be room for the gear to raise.  I turned on the gear in the DJ Assistant and turned off the intelligent landing gear option.  I flipped the switch and nothing happened.  I had other items on my debugging list, so I shrugged it off.

Then the next day when I was testing other systems, after I reached a certain height in the air the gear spontaneously retracted.  It's funny looking back, but I didn't plan to test that particular subsystem with my Z15 and Sony A7 mounted.  In retrospect I probably didn't have a choice for testing.  My gear (knock wood) has worked fine ever since.

2016-6-25
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

bcdebusk Posted at 2016-6-26 03:58
Are you doing your testing on the ground?

At least in my experience, the A3 appears to have some so ...

Yes on the ground but i tried susspending in the air and it still did not work.
2016-6-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

They as he suggested and disable intelligent landing gear and while the craft is suspended arm the motors See if that works for you
2016-6-25
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-25 20:03
They as he suggested and disable intelligent landing gear and while the craft is suspended arm the m ...

I didn't have the guts to arm my S1000 while the craft was suspended at the front and back.  I do that inside, and I've still got a scratch on my ceiling from where I tried arming an S800 inside about two years ago.

Good times!
2016-6-25
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

user1b779907b4 Posted at 2016-6-25 18:44
Yes on the ground but i tried susspending in the air and it still did not work.

You might have the intelligent landing gear turned on.

Also, sometimes you have to specifically transition the landing gear stitch to to make it happen (i.e. flip it, pause, flip it, pause, then flip it again).  If you have it wired correctly and are in the air, try flipping the switch back and forth a couple of times.  Also, the gear appears to pause a fully 2-3 seconds before engaging -- so be patient.

Good luck!
2016-6-25
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

bcdebusk Posted at 2016-6-26 11:04
You might have the intelligent landing gear turned on.

Also, sometimes you have to specifically t ...

All good suggestions thanks. And yes one of the motors ate part of my face when i was lifting it up. Intellagent lading gear is turned off. Strange thing is as soon as i disarm or shutdown motors the gear automatically retracs. I need to mess with it somemore.
2016-6-26
Use props
user1b779907b4
lvl.2

user1b779907b4 Posted at 2016-6-27 06:25
All good suggestions thanks. And yes one of the motors ate part of my face when i was lifting it u ...

One more thing to note. I am not usimg DJI landing gear. The gear does have a control module but maybe its just not compatable. I think i will just put the gear on its own channel coneccted directly to the rx.
2016-6-26
Use props
a3
New

Switzerland

I am having the same problem. Non-DJI landing gear. It works with another brand flight controller. I plug the gear into F1, set channel 18 to it, turn intelligent gear off. On the Assistant 2 in the remote controller page, channel 18 switches from -1000 to 1000 when I flic the switch. But the gear doesn't move at all. I tried also with armed motors (without propellers) and lifted the copter manually off the ground. Then I flicked the switch several times. Nothing is happening. What else could I try?
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

a3@dokair.com Posted at 2016-9-30 18:45
I am having the same problem. Non-DJI landing gear. It works with another brand flight controller. I ...

To clarify, are you using LB2 with this set up?
2016-9-30
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

same problem with N3  - no ANY PWM signal on F1 port ..
2017-2-8
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

check A3 - same problem 1.7.0 - no any pwm out on F1,F2 port
DJI , how i can FLY with my S1000 and LB2  ??????????????? it is not funny !! i whant my landing gear!
2017-2-8
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

? N3 and A3 - gears (port F1) not worked from LB2
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

memo.problem Posted at 2017-2-8 06:26
check A3 - same problem 1.7.0 - no any pwm out on F1,F2 port
DJI , how i can FLY with my S1000 and LB2  ??????????????? it is not funny !! i whant my landing gear!

Could you happen to provide a screenshot of your Landing Gear settings?
2017-2-17
Use props
Johann Mohr
lvl.1

Austria

Had the same problem with LB2 + N3.

Solved the problem by taking GND and +5V from the "SBUS" Port and only the PWM Signal from F1. But the PWM range is very wide from 1,005ms to 2,005ms, some items don't work with this signal.
I think F1-F8 don't offer GND and +5V.
2017-2-24
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

same problem with a3 and s900 landing gear. Intelligent landing gear off. I get a solid red led on landing gear module. I've reset it while pressing it during powering up the craft, and then press again. It moves a little bit each leg, but then nothing happens.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pbetancourt Posted at 2017-3-7 14:37
same problem with a3 and s900 landing gear. Intelligent landing gear off. I get a solid red led on landing gear module. I've reset it while pressing it during powering up the craft, and then press again. It moves a little bit each leg, but then nothing happens.

Is this your first time setting up this rig, or did you have an A2 on it prior? Could you happen to provide a small video?
2017-3-7
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-7 15:48
Is this your first time setting up this rig, or did you have an A2 on it prior? Could you happen to provide a small video?

https://www.facebook.com/betanco ... /10212574765063107/
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pbetancourt Posted at 2017-3-8 10:05
https://www.facebook.com/betancourt.pablo/videos/10212574765063107/

Did you have an A2 on this before where it was working fine, is this your first time setting up and you've found this issue?
2017-3-8
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-8 15:36
Did you have an A2 on this before where it was working fine, is this your first time setting up and you've found this issue?

Yes, I have the landing gear working fine with a2, but the left servo was manually repaired because the cogwheel was stripped. So we put a custom screw to lock it and it worked fine. Then I've got a crash in between with a 360º camera rig. So I mounted a3 and the e1200 pro motors. As the landing gear was not working, I assumed that the left servo was causing the problem again. So I mounted a new one that I bougth as spare part. But I didn't replace all the LEFT module (that comes with the servo connectors and power cable), I took the motor and replace only that. So maybe the damage is in the connection module?
Here's a video trying to explain that:https://www.facebook.com/betanco ... /10212592169818215/
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pbetancourt Posted at 2017-3-9 08:41
Yes, I have the landing gear working fine with a2, but the left servo was manually repaired because the cogwheel was stripped. So we put a custom screw to lock it and it worked fine. Then I've got a crash in between with a 360º camera rig. So I mounted a3 and the e1200 pro motors. As the landing gear was not working, I assumed that the left servo was causing the problem again. So I mounted a new one that I bougth as spare part. But I didn't replace all the LEFT module (that comes with the servo connectors and power cable), I took the motor and replace only that. So maybe the damage is in the connection module?
Here's a video trying to explain that:https://www.facebook.com/betancourt.pablo/videos/10212592169818215/

That could be the case, but there are some thinigs about your set up you may want to look into as well. At initial glance, the length of the landing gear spring seems too long. It should be 70mm maximum from end to end. It can be common for the calibration process to be repeated a few times before getting the correct LED indicator during bench test. Please make sure that the landing gear connections are in the appropriate position as well. Make sure that the landing gear settings are also correct in the Go app and just not the Assistant 2. If you start everything up and the LED on the landing gear board on the frame is showing red, a trick that you can do is to unplug the landing gear cable from the flight controller and just go down the line plugging it in until it turns green.  Once its green, you can power cycle the craft and test again.

A more successful test of the landing gear would be to attempt it during a short flight, have you tried that yet?
2017-3-10
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 11:39
That could be the case, but there are some thinigs about your set up you may want to look into as well. At initial glance, the length of the landing gear spring seems too long. It should be 70mm maximum from end to end. It can be common for the calibration process to be repeated a few times before getting the correct LED indicator during bench test. Please make sure that the landing gear connections are in the appropriate position as well. Make sure that the landing gear settings are also correct in the Go app and just not the Assistant 2. If you start everything up and the LED on the landing gear board on the frame is showing red, a trick that you can do is to unplug the landing gear cable from the flight controller and just go down the line plugging it in until it turns green.  Once its green, you can power cycle the craft and test again.

A more successful test of the landing gear would be to attempt it during a short flight, have you tried that yet?

I have tried all the things you suggested. Many thanks.
None of them seem to work.

I'm sending the craft to a local service, let's see if they can find out the issue.

Best,

Pablo
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

pbetancourt Posted at 2017-3-11 14:55

Please keep me posted on how it went.
2017-3-11
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi Pablo

Did the local service team find a sollution with your gear?

Mine is doing almost the same as yours. After calibrating the gear, the led turns solid green, and the gears works up and down, when i switch the gear stick on my Futaba. But in the start when I power on the drone, the gear folds up (collapses) causing gimbal and kamera to be damages... Can't understand why it collapse...
2017-8-29
Use props
Edward_Horvath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560715 ft
United States

What ended up happening?
2018-11-3
Use props
Edward_Horvath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560715 ft
United States

pbetancourt Posted at 2017-3-11 14:55

Did you get this resolved?
2018-11-3
Use props
TomPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 113881 ft
France

Hi, DId you find any solution ? Many thanks!
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules