Firmware screw up on a new Inspire Help
963 6 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

Hello I have a new Inspire 1 and I thought I would update the firmware on the plane first. I downloaded the latest DJI Firmware after watching the official DJI firmware install UTube video. So I removed the new SD card from the Camera and put it into my computer, then put the latest BIN firmware file on it.
Then loaded it into the plane and pushed the battery on. Well the first time it seemed to go as planned and it just kept updating with the 4 sharp beeps over and over, I left the room for awhile and came back to the same beeps and reviewed the DJI tutorial video, it said something about this taking 5 minutes so I thought well I'm at 17 minutes so I will shut it down and look at the txt file on the card. So I did and it said ........upgrading, so I put it back in and it went on for awhile 17 min and I shut it down and looked at the txt file and it said ......upgrading again. So I cleaned the sd card and put a fresh bin file on it, reinstalled it and turned it on to hear the prop sirens going loud..

NOW I REALIZE THAT I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE STARTED THE TRANSMITTER AND DRONE FIRST TO CHECK THE ABOUT PAGE TO SEE WHAT FIRMWARE THE DRONE CAME WITH, I WONDER IF ITS TO LATE!!!!
2016-6-25
Use props
info
lvl.3
Flight distance : 647034 ft
United States

You have to let the firmware complete the update process. This may take more than 17 minutes. Put the most recent firmware on a formatted card, make sure you use a completely charged battery and do it again, but this time let it finish. The last few updates have had a change where the beeping stops and starts again too, so don't think anything is wrong if/when it does this, just let it do its thing until it is finished. Listen for the "D-DD" and good luck.
2016-6-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read this thread for some ideas
http://forum.dji.com/thread-55393-1-1.html

It sounds like you did not let the Inspire complete the entire update process. The beep will change from 4 beeps to beep.... beep beep

Rich
2016-6-25
Use props
terrygar
lvl.1
United States

IS There a reset button somewhere on the Inspire1
2016-6-26
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

terrygar Posted at 2016-6-26 12:33
IS There a reset button somewhere on the Inspire1

No                              
2016-6-26
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

It sounds like existing firmware corrupted badly.  Have you tried it again?  If it still doesn't work, maybe DJI support can help a little.
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you reattempt the firmware, the unit will continue to beeb loudly, but you may slightly hear or feel (when lightly  touching the camera) the normal upgrading audio queue coming from the camera. Wait until you hear of feel the completion queue, then check the SD card for the .Bin file. When you reformat the card and put it back in the unit, the beeping will stop.
2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules