Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone using capture one pro to process x5's dngs?
2031 5 2016-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Well like it says is anyone using capture one pro to process X5's DNG's?
2016-6-25
Use props
adam1
lvl.4
United States

Hello? Anyone there?
2016-6-26
Use props
caldwellag
New
Flight distance : 181991 ft
United States

I'm here and I hear you!  I am currently exploring this and have found some frustrating issues I have yet to sort out.  

C1 9.1.2
Cam Raw  9.1
#1 C1 doesn't support DJI products.

#2 C1 is applying the basic DNG profile to the images. (Makes sense without supporting the camera, no profile.)

#3 Using one image for comparison that was shot in Auto WB (Correct in post anyways),  Photoshop/Camera RAW lists the "As Shot" WB at 5100K & +12 tint.    In C1, it shows up as 4068K & +14.  This is totally subjective, but the color is fairly similar between the two. The looks appear closest with the "File Extra Shadow" curve applied in C1, but the Camera Raw interpretation has a bit more contrast.  The issue of interpretation is a big one as no two programs will interpret the same way; it's what makes me tend to like C1 more than Adobe and others to prefer one program over another.  

My biggest hangup is why the WB is so far off when it seems like that should be stored in the metadata.  I tried running the file through DJI Cleaner and comparing but there were no discernible differences.  I'm not a coder/technician so the reasons for these things elude me...I'm trying to figure it out.  I am going to try to create a custom profile for my camera and we'll see how that goes.  

I am still able to create the looks I want within C1 despite the quirks.  What's the most annoying thing is how the WB numbers don't match reality.  For example, a parking lot that is in open shade should be closer to 8,000 Kelvin and in a sample image it's neutral at 5500 which is not accurate.  Also, the WB presets you'd typically see, like Sunny, Shade, etc., are missing in C1.  The WB slider seems to be more responsive as well with small movements creating a disproportionately large effect.  

My gut tells me most of this will only be fixed by C1 adding the camera profile.  

In the end, I'm still going to use C1 and a little Camera RAW if needed.

Love to hear your thoughts and experiences with it!  

Andrew
2016-7-23
Use props
adam1
lvl.4
United States

caldwellag@apps Posted at 2016-7-23 13:30
I'm here and I hear you!  I am currently exploring this and have found some frustrating issues I hav ...

Wow the color temp thing is crazy.  Seems like it should be standardized regardless, like ICC stuff, ya know?

Anyway, I'm using essentially Adobe (camera raw) same engine in ps, bridge, lr..  Finally getting some decent results.  Normally like to sharpen at end of workflow, but I kind of do a small presharpen in raw.  Also, the sensor seems to act like when I shot chromes.  Exposure has to to be pretty right on, and so does focus.  The camera also seems to like contrasty scenes.  

I'll keep you posted if you like regarding an almost bulletproof workflow if I come up with one! ;)

Cheers,

Adam
2016-7-23
Use props
caldwellag
New
Flight distance : 181991 ft
United States

adam1 Posted at 2016-7-23 23:02
Wow the color temp thing is crazy.  Seems like it should be standardized regardless, like ICC stuf ...

Yeah you would think the color would be standardized.  And I'm sure it would be if they supported it!  

I've definitely noticed the finicky focus.  Coming from the Phantom 3 Advanced, it's not yet second nature to set/confirm focus.  I have the Olympus 45mm and I'm always checking focus with it, but from time to time I miss with the 15mm.  I really need to be using a tablet instead of my phone, but one thing at a time!

I love how you've worked with chromes.  I know exactly what you're talking about but the dynamic range is definitely an improvement!  I do a bit in post, and compared to the Phantom, the files hold up really well.  Hopefully C1 will join the bandwagon because I love their flow compared to Lightroom.  

Happy shooting,

Andrew
2016-7-24
Use props
bstich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 843816 ft
France

I think that the treatment with Capture one is really better  ! I try with several photos with camera raw and Capture One ! result with capture one http://www.stichelbaut.com/-/galleries/phototheque/drone
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules