Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Assistant Software Unresponsive To Phantom 2
1743 6 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seanybf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have downloaded all the correct assisstant softwares for my Phantom 2 with H4-3D gimbal and my aim is to enable Naza Mode, and recalibrate my gimbal to angle the full 90 degrees (which so far will not go vertical or horisontal). However when i plug in my drone or RC the softwares are completly unresponsive, even though my laptop (Windows 8) shows they are connected. I have yet to find any help on this problem, so any help at all will be most appretiated.
Thanks , Sean.

2016-6-26
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Stilly question, but you did download and install the WIN drivers first ?
2016-6-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Sean,
If your computer is acknowledging that the Phantom and RC or simply that a USB device has been plugged in and it is not talking with the bird through the vision assistant or with the rc through the rc assistant software then there is a problem with your set up/configuration on your P.C. or some other incompatibility issue....Do you have another PC to try?

Completely Uninstall software from the computer using the windows uninstaller and delete shortcuts from the desktop.
Restart computer/Flush the Toilet (basically make sure everything I had deleted went where it was supposed to go and no left over cache or crap info was floating around and to make sure no system files were accidentally deleted and no errors on the restart).
Download new software .exe file
Install new software, Win Driver first and run the installer then the Phantom and Rc assistants
Restart computer/Flush the Toilet (basically make sure everything I installed went where it was supposed to go and no left over cache or crap info info was floating around and that I had no errors on the restart).
Plug Phantom into computer
Turn on RC and TX
Turn on Phantom (props off of course and do not start the motors - just turn it on).
NOTE: I always turn on the RC then TX and then the Phantom in the same order after I plug into the computer as if I were going to fly it.
Launch Vision Assistant software
Check all settings on Phantom (IMU etc. and made sure none of my NAZA-M or anything defaulted back to Phantom, IOC was still on and so on),
Check RC Calibration
Close the program
Turn off Phantom then Tx Then RC
unplug Phantom from computer
Plug in RC, then turn on RC.
Launch RC Vision Assistant
Recheck RC calibration and settings
Close RC Assistant
Turn off RC
Unplug RC from computer
Turn off computer.
Go outside
Go through Preflight
Turn on RC then TX then Phantom and do the compass dance once SATS acquired.
fly the Phantom with a few basic maneuvers to make sure everything is o.k....have been flying it like I stole it...
2016-6-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-26 09:03
Stilly question, but you did download and install the WIN drivers first ?

he claims he did in another post he put up earlier,
i know a lot of people download it but do not actually install it,

Anyway,
2016-6-26
Use props
seanybf
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-6-26 17:08
Sean,
If your computer is acknowledging that the Phantom and RC or simply that a USB device has been ...

Just did all of that and i just launched the vision assistant now and still showing red light not green, and with no response from the software.
2016-6-26
Use props
BobMac
lvl.1
United States

seanybf@btinter Posted at 2016-6-26 11:31
Just did all of that and i just launched the vision assistant now and still showing red light not  ...

I have a similar situation,,,,I tried to upgrade from my original controller to the newer controller with the dial on the top left side, which I bought used from a friend. It was working. I connected the new controller to the old phantom 2 just fine. But when I try to calibrate the new ( or old) controller thru the dji assistant software, it will not connect to the software. I tried trashing the old assistant and downloaded the most recent version of the assistant on my new 27" IMAC, but the software will not connect to the controlller. The activity icons in the lower right corner of the software page do not flash.

When I try to open the software from the dock it  goes to the DJI assistant opening page but freezes it seems. the red progress bar only goes about 2/3 of the way to the right and stops, but the skip icon is active. When I click on the skip icon it opens the software but it is not connected to my controller. Please Help!
Bob McMillin
mvpvideo@charter.net
2016-6-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Stumped here...and thanks for the feedback....

Other than a conflict with USB ports (I have heard of this and saw that the use of another USB port mysteriously solved the problem) or an issue with anti virus on loading the software not sure what it could be,

You may want to check out Phantom pilots and see what they may have listed as possible solutions.

Any chance you have another computer you can try it on?

I have an older Windows 7 laptop with only iTunes and the Phantom software on it, no anti virus, no nothing else and works fine...

Good luck.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules