Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Not Flying Straight Please Help!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deanturner
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
I recently purchased a Phantom 4 and totally love it. I have read all tutorials and take the best care possible of my new beloved drone! Having said that after only a few weeks the drone has stopped flying straight forwards. I've checked flight logs as advised and I am only pushing forward on the controler but it banks to the right and is really effecting my filming. It is making it nearly impossible to get a shot along a path or river where I have to keep things straight!

I have done countless cold IMU calibrations, gimble calibrations always correctly calibrate the compass before flying etc etc.. Been trying to solve for ages now can anyone suggest anything that might help or do I really have to return this to DJI?

Thanks in advance..
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

deanturner, If the drone can't fly straight, I'd recommend you to try the remote controller calibration and see if it happens again.
2016-6-26
Use props
alex.ivanov
New
Flight distance : 96220 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I have the same problem, push forward and it goes to the left. Started doing recently. I have latest firmware, gimbal, IMU and compass are all calibrated.
will try to calibrate controller and see how i get on.
Alex
2017-3-15
Use props
alex.ivanov
New
United Kingdom

hi
have you had any luck??

I emailed DJI yesterday:

Hi I was wondering if you have come across this before? The drone was obtained in September 2016, so is still within warranty. My phantom flies off to the left when the stick is pushed forward. Over 50m it can veer off to the left by 5-10m, so quite a considerable diagonal "drift". I'm flying a Phantom 4 (WM330A) with 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running Android and DJI Go 4 app. I have ensured I have: -the latest firmware updates -calibrated IMU -calibrated gimbal -calibrated controller -calibrated compass -inspected motors visually ok -inspected propellers visually ok -flying in GPS mode with strong signal on a fine clear day -fully charged batteries in the quad, in the controller and the tablet. I have flown the quad approx 12-15 times, never crashed it, safe landing every time. always cased up when transported, never been bashed about. I looked at a few videos online, some people say its compass or the controller that needs calibrating, but I've done all that.... I thought it might be 1 motor causing it to deviate off course, but then it wouldn't hold position at all if one motor was dodgy. Then I came across another video saying that the NAZA M doesn't allow for magnetic declination and learns as you fly, so you have to fly for 8-10 minutes while it's learning the compass deviation and eventually it straightens itself out, but it does that on every flight! So that's half your battery life/flying time gone just sorting itself out on every single flight... Surely an issue as serious as that - DJI would be aware of that and a simple firmware update would allow adjustments for magnetic declination depending on your GPS location? I've got a £1200 device that I'm hesitant to fly because of the way it behaves and I've made all attempts to make sure that everything is updated and calibrated and I'm flying safely..... Am I missing something here? Any tips/advice/recommendation? Thanks

the replied back saying I need to send it in....

I also emailed dronedoctor.co.uk as they're listed on the DJI site as  the primary UK service centre,
they said they don't do warranty work and i would need to send it in, they would diagnose it and quote me for repair...

very frustrating
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

alex.ivanov Posted at 2017-4-19 03:47
hi
have you had any luck??

Just to clarify, have you also tried resetting the unit to factory defaults in the Assistant 2 software? What kind of areas are you flying in? Is it always to the left, or does the direction change? Can you recall about how many satellites you have when this happens?
2017-4-19
Use props
Joephan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105043 ft
United Kingdom

Is there any update to this guys ?
2017-4-23
Use props
alex.ivanov
New
United Kingdom

no update from me.
always flies off to the left.  i tried contacting a couple of dealers and also DJI repsonded back, advising me to send it back under warranty for diagnostics....
2017-5-10
Use props
alex.ivanov
New
United Kingdom

just been flying in a big field on a clear day, plenty of satellites (17 i think??)
2017-5-10
Use props
Bluesphere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358238 ft
Italy

Also my P4 have this problem in the last 2 months...I thought it was just my problem but instead I see that we are many... Can be related with the last firmware release??? This release cause some problems also with android devices...
2017-5-25
Use props
The_Bateleur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110686 ft
Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-6-26 19:29
deanturner, If the drone can't fly straight, I'd recommend you to try the remote controller calibration and see if it happens again.

If you are taking your time to reply at least inform him how to do a Controller Calibration or where he can find the information to do it.

Clearly he is new at this and he turned to this forum for help....just saying
2017-8-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The_Bateleur Posted at 2017-8-12 04:44
If you are taking your time to reply at least inform him how to do a Controller Calibration or where he can find the information to do it.

Clearly he is new at this and he turned to this forum for help....just saying

Well he won't be new now, that posts 14 months old now.
2017-8-12
Use props
The_Bateleur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110686 ft
Norway

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-12 12:52
Well he won't be new now, that posts 14 months old now.

Yeah I know, but Dji Tim should take my comment as a positive criticism for next time
2017-8-13
Use props
fansc6ea5b49
New

Uzbekistan

My Phantom is wobbling when I push controller forward and down or back to the end of the controller
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules