601 2 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22597142 ft
  • >>>
Malta

It was a very hot day today where I took some shots and noticed that the battery temperature inside the aircraft was quickly heating up. In a matter of seconds I noticed that the battery temperature while flying went from 30 degrees Celcius to 40.

To be honest it was only fair that it heated that quickly since also my iPad turned the notification wnere it said 'cool iPad before use'

HOWEVER, tonight I tried my phantom again when the sun was down and the same issue happened again.

According to the battery guidelines it says that more than 40 degrees it can cause the battery to explode. However I am not sure if it says about the environmental temperature outside or the battery inside the aircraft.

Can someone explain to me if I have to put my phantom for service or something?

Thanks!!
2016-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If it was 40* C, outside, I'm not going to be flying anyway. I would melt down. Ha
Yes, the flight battery heats up. All LiPOs get hot under extreme use. That's why we monitor them.
Also a good reason to let your drone cool off for ten minutes or so, between consecutive new flight batteries.

Unless you live in Canada, yes, your batteries are going to get hot in use. Get used to it. ;-)
Now relax, please go & enjoy your drone, and worry less... Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Droneboy, RedHotPoker is correct. During the flight, please keep your eyes on the battery status and when it meets the threshold, the warning notice will prompt up. When it reaches 60°C, please land your drone as soon as possible.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules