Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ability To Run Consistent Batteries
785 8 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

Hey everyone, so today I picked up a new P4 battery and was wondering what's the protocol for running consecutive batteries? I was going to run my new battery tonight at sunset, immediately after the first one, and I noticed the P4 was relatively hot. I live in Florida and the temp usually runs in the 90's. Does anyone have a way of checking if it's safe to run again? Is there a given amount of cool down time? Any tips or reccomendations would be immensely apprecieted.
Thanks, Dronin Adventures.
2016-6-26
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

I just ran mine about an hour ago, mine was running 44c ( 111f). Ran all three of my batteries with out stopping long just to switch. So if there is a temp at which u run, I would like to kno as well, I got no warning or issues of any kind... that being said, this was the temp of my battery, not temp of area of which I was flying
2016-6-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The aircraft will be hotter sitting on the ground than in the air, and it does have fan(s) on board, so I would not be worried about it.
2016-6-26
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-26 21:03
The aircraft will be hotter sitting on the ground than in the air, and it does have fan(s) on board, ...

The ambient (air) operating temperature range in the manual suggests 0 to 40 C (32-104 F).  I have pulled a few hot batteries from the P4 and inserted a charged one and and immediately went flying again in temperatures around 35 C and humidity at 35%.  No issues.  However, in higher temperatures and humidity, I too would be cautious and allow for a cool down period.  Once the hot battery has been removed, the internal P4 circuits should cool rather rapidly.  Seems too, in the warmer weather P4 pilots are reporting failures of the ipad and tablet screens, not the P4.
2016-6-26
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
United States

j5255@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-6-26 21:47
The ambient (air) operating temperature range in the manual suggests 0 to 40 C (32-104 F).  I have  ...

Perfect, Thank you for the input! If it's stupid hot out I may go for an open battery compartment for 5 min cool down, and resume flying.
Thanks to everyone else for the input!
2016-6-26
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

I really doubt if the drone is that fragile. I've never heard of any accidents that are caused by overheated batteries or drones, nor did DJI said anything about cooling drones. So unless you're flying somewhere unbearably hot, like 110 F, I wouldn't worry about it.

BTW, I really miss the days in south California, hot while dry, stay under shade and you're cool.
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Dronin Adventur, when the battery reaches its heat threshold, the app will prompt up a warning notice. So please keep your eyes on the battery temperature. If it is near 60°C, please land your drone as soon as possible.
2016-6-27
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 06:33
Hello Dronin Adventur, when the battery reaches its heat threshold, the app will prompt up a warning ...

Perfect, thank you!
2016-6-27
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-27 02:23
I really doubt if the drone is that fragile. I've never heard of any accidents that are caused by ov ...

Awesome! glad to hear it, Ill just keep an eye on the battery temps and it seems it will be just fine. Thanks for the Info!
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules