9282 73 2016-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear DJI Users,

DJI products are designed  with safety in mind. The CSC (Combination Stick Command) on the Phantom 4 was redesigned to avoid an accidental motor stoppage, but there are still a number of  new pilots applying CSC accidently. To make sure that our product design can satisfy the majority of our users, we decided to make a poll here. Please vote and let us know what you think about the CSC.

1.  Keep the current CSC (pull the left stick to the bottom right corner and press RTH button)

2.  Cancel any kind of CSC (There will be no way to stop the motors in the air… at all)

3.  Another Sticks/Buttons Combination (Share your idea in the comments)

Single SelectVote, Total 186 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

65.59% (122)
19.35% (36)
15.05% (28)
Your user group with no voting privileges
1 (12).png
2016-6-27
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

I would like to the old CSC (4:00/7:00) brought back.
Though I can't see myself doing either move accidentally, the old CSC is what I drilled into my head when I first got my P3. To me it is more intuitive.
Ideally, maybe you could make it a setting in the Go app to give people a choice.
2016-6-27
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Make it a double CSC. In other words, two times in a row. It would be rather tough to do that accidentally while airborne.
2016-6-27
Use props
joecarnine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225502 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

In my opinion the new CSC is good but we can easily forget about it when we are panick. What about having both but to kill the motor while altitude and location is moving only the new method (RTH+LS Down) will work...
2016-6-27
Use props
AP
New

United States

The new one is great .. i never liked the old one (both sticks in corners) because there was always some remote chance of getting close to a range that would activate it .. you never know! But with the new one (one stick corner and button) you cannot do that by accident AND YOU CAN do that with just one hand (which i had do and it worked). So +1 for the new CSC from me
2016-6-27
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Get a new button on the remote. Red coloured and covert by easy breaking goes what only the factory can replace. Means a panic button. After been pushed all will be off...until the client send in. And of all discussions.
Off course ..a bit more money in the hardware.. but the client pays anyway.

Second.. some settings for the drone in case of an accident in air..there shut be some parameters how shut untrue engines automatically. Such as " upside down for a 10th second. Or defending speed more than 10m/sec.
because that would be good in case I use an automatic parachute. Means .. parachute settings.
2016-6-28
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Keep the current combination, but change it's function to "Emergency descent".

I assume that most people use it only for emergency landings?

Cutting power to the motors can not a safe way to do an emergency landing but currently it is the only way to loose height rapidly so people will panic and use it when in most cases it will not be necessary and it's use will often increase danger instead of reducing it.

How fast is it possible to do a safe landing, where if it lands on someone's head it will not kill them?  Maybe it needs to come down in a spiral...

If it keeps the motors powered then it may be possible to cancel it so that it can be used as an emergency descent out of the way of another aircraft but regaining control before landing, or possibly it should end automatically at a 10m high hover rather than after it uncontrollably hits the ground/people.

If it is used after a failure, such as a loss of one prop or loss of power to 1 motor, presumably it reduces rather than improves safety in most cases?  If it does improve safety then the flight control in failure condition could do with being improved to do a controlled landing near the point of failure instead of an uncontrolled flyaway.

2016-6-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How about a tick box in DJI GO to enable or disable the current CSC, this could be protected by a pin number.
2016-6-28
Use props
dealsforsale
New

United States

How about a tick box in DJI GO to enable or disable the current CSC, this could be protected by a pin number.

--that right there...is the right answer.  Make it an opt in/out
2016-6-28
Use props
dealsforsale
New

United States

I see from the vote that alot of people like the current CSC.

How about this........it's a CSC that had to be HELD in CSC for more than 10 seconds......AND at 4 seconds +, the remote starts a LOUD beeping, that gets faster and faster and faster beeping until it s a solid BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP at 8 second mark...giving you a full 2 seconds before shut down.

Whats the current CSC setting???? a super breif .0025 "oh my God, i didnt mean to do that" and your dead in the air.
2016-6-28
Use props
AeroDroneStudio
lvl.1

United Kingdom

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TURN THE CSC OFF IN DJI GO APP SETTINGS IF YOU WANT TO.
2016-6-28
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

C1 + C2 + HTR + Pwr on the bird :-D
2016-6-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good luck DJI getting anything sensible out of suggestions like these.

"change it's function to "Emergency descent".
I assume that most people use it only for emergency landings?"

"Disable CSC so there is no way during flight that any of the DJI Products shut off and crash to the ground"

"How about a tick box in DJI GO to enable or disable the current CSC, this could be protected by a pin number".

"How about this........it's a CSC that had to be HELD in CSC for more than 10 seconds......AND at 4 seconds +, the remote starts a LOUD beeping, that gets faster and faster and faster beeping until it s a solid BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP at 8 second mark...giving you a full 2 seconds before shut down".

A lot of users have no idea why there is an emergency stop mechanism and when it might be used.
FYI .. CSC (or whatever DJI replace it with) is an emergency stop for a machine with fast rotating blades.
Despite fanciful forum posts, it's not for getting your Phantom out of the way of manned air traffic or preventing your Phantom from smashing into mothers and babies.
Although exciting, those scenarios aren't realistic at all.

CSC is there to stop the spinning props when you have a child or pet getting too close to your Phantom when it's on the ground, before flying or after a crash.
Anything to delay an emergency stop mechanism makes no sense at all.
2016-6-28
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Like the idea of it being for emergency decent, so quicker decent with some control but also the drone making as loud a noise as possible to warn people. Also the opt in or out option as well.
2016-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I think it's something that's very hard to vote on, if you have never used it, I myself think p4 needs a parachute that acts like an airbag when certain buttons are pressed, maybe they could be only used once, and then you would have to fit a new one, at a cost that would not encourage people to use them excessively. Also think this would be a nice little earner for DJI as an accessory.
2016-6-28
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-28 10:51
Good luck DJI getting anything sensible out of suggestions like these.

"change it's function to "Em ...

"A lot of users have no idea why there is an emergency stop mechanism and when it might be used."
Right or wrong, most people that do use it will use it while in the air whatever might be written in the manual.

"CSC is there to stop the spinning props when you have a child or pet getting too close to your Phantom when it's on the ground, before flying or after a crash.
Anything to delay an emergency stop mechanism makes no sense at all."
If it is on the ground then I can't believe that many people can stop the motors faster using the CSC than they can stop them the normal way - just to pull the left stick back.

Make it do what people expect an emergency button to do - make things safe whatever the situation, if it is on the ground then stop the motors, if it is in the air then bring it into a safe situation ASAP, where "safe situation" probably does not mean a crash landing at terminal velocity!
2016-6-28
Use props
aididhaiqal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1132822 ft
Malaysia

I would suggest,User customizeable CSC! It will help a lot.People that have p3p and inspire wont get confuse because they can set their csc same as their inspire
2016-6-28
Use props
leigh.spargur
New

The two actions for emergency stop is fine as it is now. It is easy and quick to do with two hands and possible to do with one hand. Another change is not good.
2016-6-28
Use props
JayB07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73750 ft
United States

I would say:

Hold both bottom buttons on the underside of the controller and then press+Hold the Return to Home button for X amount of seconds. The RC should then give a unique beeping sound so you know what's about to happen. Also if the Go App is up and running a warning message should show the user what's about to happen. This leaves out the "sticks" so there is no chance of being in the position to cut the motors by simply navigating the bird. Also, the SW-related DJI Go App suggestions are good, but I think we need a way to do this if the tablet loses battery or the app crashes, e.g. HW-related to the RC.

2016-6-28
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A kill switch (button) with a bright red hinged cover which can be flipped up quickly to expose it.  Rational: Using a control stick, like the throttle, in combination with another action: 1) Is not easy to recall when in a panic 2) evoking the control could cause the aircraft to get into a worse situation before the power is completely off.
2016-6-28
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-6-28 01:55
I would like to the old CSC (4:00/7:00) brought back.
Though I can't see myself doing either move ac ...

+1

old one worked for me with 6 different phantom's (p1,p2, p3)
never shut one down in the air!
although I would have used it....to stop it from hurting anyone or anything or flying away

but I have HAD to use it to stop it from killing itself on the ground a time or 2 after minor crashes early on.
2016-6-28
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-6-28
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Not sure what happened?  I was offering my experience?
2016-6-28
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179974 ft
United States

Typically in automation processes, the "death switch" is placed out of the way and sometimes protected by a cover that must be physically moved before activating.  It is an extreme measure to take in an abnormal emergency situation where there is immediate danger to life or property and will most likely cause severe damage to the phantom.  Therefore, it should be a CSC that can NOT be accidentally activated.  The Left stick to the bottom right position and RTH button pressed is a perfect combination.  Again, by design it should be an unnatural combo.  Therefore, the responsibility falls on the pilot to be familiar with the CSC and be prepared to execute as needed.
2016-6-28
Use props
Peter.Menzel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483245 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think it's a good idea to have one CSC for all models. I prefer the lower right / lower left combination. It once saved my engines and it may definitely save the faces of people or pets. The activation has to be fast. While flying, you have the thumbs on the sticks, so the CSC with a button is not as fast as moving the sticks to the corners. And it's a position you do not use during regular flight. Well, at least I never do.
2016-6-28
Use props
Twente
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13734 ft

Netherlands

* CSC is there to stop the spinning props when you have a child or pet getting too close to your Phantom when it's on the ground, before flying or after a crash.
Anything to delay an emergency stop mechanism makes no sense at all.

I can see there is a need for a fast respond to a CSC stick imput. Would it be possible to only engage CSC if the Phantom is not moving?

Just my 2 cents...
2016-6-28
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294777 ft
United States

Bring back old CSC and make it an option in the DJI go app
2016-6-28
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I like the current phantom 1 2 nmabd 3 csc with both sticks in. Works the best
2016-6-28
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

You know, some other drone makers have a dedicated button in a somewhat obscure place, often with a shroud around the red button, so there's no way to press it easily, but when u have an emergency it is there and kills power immediately... Omy my Blade 350 and Spektrum radio, I had just a standard "power off" button that was readily accessible, you just had to be careful...  Obvious is best in my opinion.. CSC is a b it "obscure" whichever way you do it, emergency procedure should be straight forward - LOOK ! A BUTTON! Just put some protection on it, so it's hard to just touch it by accident....
And yes, i realize that I am not participating in the vote... just another idea. Check out the image of a Chroma radio. Im opinion that is NOT a bad choice....
ChromaKill.JPG
2016-6-28
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

In my opinion it could be like a switch with safety cover, placed in the middle of RTH and power on button.
2016-6-28
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

The left stick and RTH makes more sense; otherwise, someone may make the mistake and move both sticks in the CSC position while flying.

Adding a kill switch does not make sense for existing users; who wants to retrofit existing RC's?
2016-6-28
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

First let me add that I voted for it to remain as is.

I would have been happy for it to remain as it was.   If another change must be made then wait for the Phantom 5.  What we don't need is multiple ways on a single series.  There is enough confusion already.

Do we need a kill method............YES.    Anything that has 8 ginsu knife blades moving at a high velocity needs to be able to be STOPPED, not seconds, not after a warning, not after taking the time to think about it.................STOPPED.

And I hope that I never have to use it.   Just my two cents worth.
2016-6-28
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I am voting for change of CSC in Phantom 3 to current Phantom 4 combination..
2016-6-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-6-29 16:08
I am voting for change of CSC in Phantom 3 to current Phantom 4 combination..

Introducing a new method for CSC for the P4 created confusion among users.
Changing it again would be worse.
And changing CSC for existing models would be much worse.
What a stupid idea!
2016-6-28
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-29 08:23
Changing it again would ...

Dont want - dont change. In my opinion stupid is current P3 CSC solution.

This should be changed to current P4 or user should have a choice.
2016-6-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-6-29 17:28
Dont want - dont change. In my opinion stupid is current P3 CSC solution.

This should be changed  ...

And that would only confuse people more.
What a stupid idea.
2016-6-29
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-29 12:06
And that would only confuse people more.
What a stupid idea.

I tried to be kind, but you did it again. You are stupid, not my idea, to be clear, if you cant get a simple thing like this.

Every people a bit more wise than a monkey will have not a prolblem with this change, because people actually have a problem with current P3P/P3A CSC what could be initiated mid-air by an accident.
Left stick to the right+RTH will not be, because nobody is pushing that combination in mid-air. It is much better than current and default.
2016-6-29
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 966148 ft
Italy

I use to fly RC helicopter and I am used to have a dedicated switch stopping the motor. I understand it can be risky to swtich it accidentally but it is a  great safety features. My opinion of course.
2016-6-29
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-29 14:23
Changing it again would ...

Im with you on this labroides absolutely ridiculous . Whats up DJI lost confidence with itself to make these decisions. Just about every conceivable CSC method has been put forward.Conclusion leave it be.You cant please all the people all the time, only some of them some of the time.
2016-6-29
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Give pilot option in dji go app so they can set the way they want.
2016-6-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules