Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 - no fly zones?
3261 9 2016-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emiliandechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Is it true, that "no fly zones" do not affect the Phantom 2? Since it does not work with an APP. Can you just switch to ATTI and fly it anywhere?
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello emiliandechev, NFZ do affect the P2.
2016-6-28
Use props
emiliandechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Wow so no manual override there either... Well is there a DJI model, that is not affected by No Fly zones?  Or maybe another brand like the Parrot or Yuneec?

Thing is, I am a professional videographer shooting with Phantom 3 and the Inspire. But a week ago, I needed to let down a client, just because the gig was near a stadium...
So I need to have a backup drone, that is not affected by NFZ for these situations. I am a pretty responsible pilot and intend to brake the NFZ only on paid gigs.
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

emiliandechev@a Posted at 2016-6-28 16:35
Wow so no manual override there either... Well is there a DJI model, that is not affected by No Fly  ...

I'd suggest you to get in touch with flysafe@dji.com for more information.
2016-6-28
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

emiliandechev@a Posted at 2016-6-28 16:35
Wow so no manual override there either... Well is there a DJI model, that is not affected by No Fly  ...

You can send an email to flysafe@dji.com , depends on the locaiton, they may unlock some NFZ for you. I don't think a stadium is a NFZ, sometimes the list is obsolete because of an airport that's no longer there, etc.
2016-6-28
Use props
emiliandechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Thanks for the info, will try that!
2016-6-28
Use props
emiliandechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Well I called a colleague of mine, who has a Phantom 2, and he told me, that in the PC software there is an option to disable the NFZ. Apparently that option exists within the official DJI software. Which doesnt make much sense.

Anyone can confirm that?
2016-6-28
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396470 ft
United States

P1 or FC40 were not affected by NFZ but you wouldn't be happy with the camera.
I think your friend is referring to this for unlocking
  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-6-28
Use props
emiliandechev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

He told me that this option exists in the "Phantom 2 Assistant Software".
I watched this video tutorial, but I could not see such an option. There is this tab "flight limits of special area", but it does not seem, that the user could just enter a number there.
It shows briefly at 08:30 of the video:

2016-6-28
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The limits are not adjustable in the software.
Cat A airports NFZ is 2400m and Cat B is 1000m from the centre.
Switching to ATTI will make no difference as the data is in the firmware of the NAZA unit and although it is not using GPS to hold position it is still active and knows where it is.
Basically its a NFZ for a reason and it not be very good if a user could just switch it off.
2016-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules