Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recreational DJI Drone Operator Crashes on top of woman head
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

So, I caught this on video on June 11th here in Quebec, Canada.   Person that was flying the drone that crashed did not have permission from Transport Canada, Event director, City, or airport.  I actually asked him if he had any of these permissions before him and I started flying.   He told me he didn't have his Transport Canada permission and that he was flying recreationally, also he told me he contacted the airport (which I doubt) and was flying within 2.5km from airport runway.   Thank god we had alll of our permissions in hand because this guy will have some major issues with the Authorities.

Watch what happens when an illegally operated drone spirals out of control into a group of people attending a public event. It crashes right into a woman, hitting her on top of the head. This crash could have been avoided if this recreational drone operator would have followed the rules. Let's please keep these things from happening by educating people, following the regulations and using plain common sense!

This is very big news in Canada, since it is the first injure related accident caused by a drone in the Country.   It is now being investigated by Transport Canada and the TSB.

2016-6-28
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

Post only author visible
2016-7-6
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Post only author visible