DJI Ronin - Bluetooth device password
95034 25 2016-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicolasgvasseur
lvl.1

Hello guys,

I know I'm not the only one to have this problem, but I didn't find the solution online yet.
When I want to connect my Gimbal to the app, the assistant ask me for a 6 letters password that I'm sure I never set before.
I have read that it was possible to reboot it from the assistant on a PC, I installed it then, I linked the gimbal with the DHJI Usb cable, but it doesn't seem to locate the Ronin, although it's connected and turned on.

Would someone have a clue on what's going on ?

Thanks by advance,

Nicolas
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on the information provided, your unit was most likely tested prior to shipment, so you would need to connect to the Assistant software via the computer to reset the password. For clarification, what operating system are you using? If you're using a Windows computer, did you also install the DJI WinDriver while the unit is turned on and plugged in?
2016-6-29
Use props
nicolasgvasseur
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-29 22:56
Based on the information provided, your unit was most likely tested prior to shipment, so you would  ...

I normally use a Mac, that runs on Lion 10.8. I tried both on the applications assistant 1.4 and 1.8, none would work. So I used a PC (Toshiba Satellite L50D) and finally installed the assistant app, but I didn't install the DJI Win driver, do you think that might be what doesn't make it locate the gimbal ? Where can I find it ?

Thank you !

Nicolas
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nicolasgvasseur Posted at 2016-6-30 00:41
I normally use a Mac, that runs on Lion 10.8. I tried both on the applications assistant 1.4 and 1 ...

You can download the DJI WinDiver at the following link:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/d ... river_Installer.exe

This will allow the unit to be recognized on the PC.

Regarding your MAC, the Assistant software requires an operating system of 10.9 and above. A 10.8 operating system would not work.
2016-6-29
Use props
nicolasgvasseur
lvl.1

Arf ! Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately I don't know what's going on, the installation of the driver won't work on the PC, it says " installation cancelled "

:/
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nicolasgvasseur Posted at 2016-6-30 02:19
Arf ! Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately I don't know what's going on, the installation ...

That seems odd. For clarification, what operating system are you using?
2016-6-29
Use props
Iradavic
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-29 16:56
Based on the information provided, your unit was most likely tested prior to shipment, so you would  ...

I have reset the password on PC, and i wouldmlike to know what is the password now?
Thank you
Ronin mx won't connect to bluetooth no matter what i do.

It says Dji Config in the scaned devices view but dji app is not seeing it
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Iradavic Posted at 2016-7-4 05:38
I have reset the password on PC, and i wouldmlike to know what is the password now?
Thank you
Ronin ...

There should be no default password. Once you have reset the password via the Assistant software, you would be prompted to create a new password via the Assistant app. Are you not seeing that option?
2016-7-5
Use props
Iradavic
lvl.1

Croatia

I dont. Gimbal connects on apple app but not on android :/.

Android app is not seeing gimbal and the device sees it on the bluetooth menu. It sees it as "dji config" but asks password. I enter 123456 and then it says it cant communicate with it. Guess it is an app issue.
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Iradavic Posted at 2016-7-6 02:40
I dont. Gimbal connects on apple app but not on android :/.

Android app is not seeing gimbal and th ...

What Android device are you trying to use? Do you recall what OS version do you currently have?
2016-7-5
Use props
Iradavic
lvl.1

Croatia

I am using a htc smartphone desire 820, samsung Galaxy tab 3, and a Galaxy tab 10.
All 3 with the same result.
2016-7-5
Use props
nicolasgvasseur
lvl.1

Hello Guys,

So I got some fresh news about this issue, I finally found a mac able to install the Dji Assistant.
I linked it, it worked, I could reset the password, for a short moment I thought I resolved my problem, but I still have the same, I don't know the password !
The device is found as "knew" by my phone in bluetooth, But I never got a chance to choose the password...
I don't know what is the defaut password, I tried 000000, 123456, everything I could think about. Nothing changed.. Is there a solution to that ?

Thanks !
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nicolasgvasseur Posted at 2016-7-8 05:45
Hello Guys,

So I got some fresh news about this issue, I finally found a mac able to install the Dj ...

Once you reset the password via the DJI Assistant sofware, the next time you connect to the unit, you should be asked to create a password and log in using your DJI account information. The only other thing I notice is that out of the devices listed, only the Desire 820 has the Bluetooth V4.0 in order to work. When you performed your last attempt, was it with that device or a different one?

Because you said that the unit connects to an iOS device, could you try resetting the password again and try to create a new password via an iOS in order to have it carry over to an Android?
2016-7-8
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

Same Issue,   Works with the IOS system but as discussed above it shows up on the Android Bluetooth menu but the Ronin Assistant cannot communicate with the Ronin MX as a Bluetooth device.  I have uninstalled the Android app and reinstalled still same issue.  
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

56speedster Posted at 2016-7-9 09:32
Same Issue,   Works with the IOS system but as discussed above it shows up on the Android Bluetooth  ...

There may be a potential compatibility issue with the Android system. I will be getting in contact with our R&D team to get a better answer for you. In the meantime, you should try to borrow an iOS device if you have any gigs that take precedent this weekend.
2016-7-8
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI-Jamie:  I think it is a bug with Android as well.
2016-7-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

56speedster Posted at 2016-7-10 02:07
Hi DJI-Jamie:  I think it is a bug with Android as well.

I was able to confirm that the support issue for the Ronin MX will be addressed in an upcoming app update for the Android Ronin Assistant App, which will arrive soon. I do apologize for the inconvenience, it would require sticking with an iOS device temporarily until its release.
2016-7-11
Use props
Kgnaptown
New

I'm on a iOS device, and all the sudden today it started asking for a six character password once i was connected to the app.
It only cost me $1k on a shoot today.  I can tell you four hours later,  I'm calm now.
Anyways,  when's this update going to be available?  Are their any other solutions?  I have to be able to use my ronin m now
2016-7-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kgnaptown Posted at 2016-7-15 16:00
I'm on a iOS device, and all the sudden today it started asking for a six character password once i  ...

That does seem odd, at this time only the Android system is having compatibility issues. Have you tried resetting the password on the Assistant Software to see if that made the unknown password go away? Did you ever set up a password for the Ronin initially, but that was not the password it was asking for?
2016-7-15
Use props
Kgnaptown
New

United States

It stopped doing it for a while, UNTIL today while on another corporate gig. I know what the device password is. I can go to devices in the assist app and look it up under the device. But, every time I have tried using it today, it says the password for the device is wrong. Resetting the password for the app wouldn't have any affect on the device, just actually logging into my app. This sh!t sux badly
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We added this back in a firmware update in 2015.

Added to the ability to reset the password of the Bluetooth connection using the remote control: turn on the remote control and the Ronin, then quickly move both control sticks to the inner bottom corners within the first 8 seconds of powering on the Ronin.
2016-12-22
Use props
fovetekuz
lvl.1

India

Iradavic Posted at 2016-7-5 13:33
I am using a htc smartphone desire 820, samsung Galaxy tab 3, and a Galaxy tab 10.
All 3 with the same result.

Hey!
I don't have idea about other phones except HTC desire 820. If prompted to enter a passcode, try 0000 or 1234, or consult the Htc Desire 820 Manual to find the passcode.
2017-3-21
Use props
WhenzLunch1986
New
United States

did you end up fixing this problem cause i am having it now
2017-4-22
Use props
djiuser_tbe820g
New

United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 2016-12-22 03:45

Added to the ability to reset the password of the Bluetooth connection using the remote control: turn on the remote control and the Ronin, then quickly move both control sticks to the inner bottom corners within the first 8 seconds of powering on the Ronin.

This worked, perfectly, and just like stated. On Android device (Shield Tablet), entered 123456 first time, able to make new password, connected to gimbal now.
2017-7-12
Use props
djiuser_tbe820g
New

United States

This worked, perfectly, and just like stated. On Android device (Shield Tablet), entered 123456 first time, able to make new password, connected to gimbal now.
2017-7-12
Use props
djiuser_tbe820g
New

United States

2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules