Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't get iMovie to recognize 2.7k .mp4 or .mov
6080 20 2016-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathan4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110433 ft
United States

Hi There,

I am a complete newbie to the Phantom. I shot some of my first flights and uploaded them directly to youtube where they correctly were recognized as 1440p.

However if I import them into iMovie 10.1.2, it is very unwavering in its belief that they are 1080p and nothing more. Is there something I am doing wrong, or an issue with iMovie or the P3S movie format? I have tried both 2.7k .mp4 and .mov. Final Cut Pro seems to work fine, though I do have to set its resolution manually else it defaults them to 2k.

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, I just found people that were able to view 4k in iMovie.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Cheers
Jonathan

2016-6-29
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

iMovie doesn't ask if your video is 4k. When you export to a folder or YouTube you can set the resolution. I have not had a problem.
2016-6-29
Use props
chris198810
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-28
Use props
iloveliberty
New

Vietnam

You may also try this method to solve can't import MP4 to iMovie http://www.idealshare.net/mp4-imovie-solution.html
This method also helps to solve can't import FLV, MPG, AVI, WMV, TS, WTV, RMVB, AVCHD, MTS, MOD, MXF etc to iMovie.
2016-12-30
Use props
fans1aae6d80
New

China

mxf converter free download to convert HD camcorder files.     

2017-2-12
Use props
Kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

are you actually wanting to import to edit or simply trying to play the files?

2017-2-12
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.4

Netherlands

For 4K or 2.7K you need Final Cut Pro X.

The main reason to shoot at 4k and export at 1080P would be so you could crop or zoom in and not lose any resolution. This is usually something that only pros do. The cropping and zooming and keyframing required is simple in FCP, but not possible in iMovie.
2017-4-13
Use props
csjoshi
Banned

India

2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_p6gVHNA
Banned

India

2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_zIuxu6l
New

India

It has been wonderful google update information. If you are finding rovk out know more information review then you can our official website link Thank you.
2017-8-31
Use props
ashishkochar
Banned

India

2017-10-15
Use props
fans2a04669b
New
Flight distance : 177349 ft
United States

So...I realize this is an old thread, but I have the same issue with iMovie not recognizing my DJI files as 2.7k and only allowing me to upload to YouTube in 1080p.  I don't have this issue with my GoPro...I am able to upload both 2.7 and 4k without a problem.  
2017-11-27
Use props
EmilyHappy
lvl.1

Germany

Avdshare Video Converter also helps to convert any video like mp4, mov, avchd, mxf, mts, avi, wmv etc to iMovie supported format.
It also helps to convert iMovie video to other video format.
2018-11-26
Use props
djiuser_yZIvfZwUGz90
New

United States

iloveliberty Posted at 2016-12-30 01:28
You may also try this method to solve can't import MP4 to iMovie http://www.idealshare.net/mp4-imovie-solution.html
This method also helps to solve can't import FLV, MPG, AVI, WMV, TS, WTV, RMVB, AVCHD, MTS, MOD, MXF etc to iMovie.

Thank you so much for recommending this great software, it solved my problem.
2019-4-17
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I can’t even upload 4K videos in iMovie but I’m also using an iPad min 4. Maybe that has something to do with it ?
2019-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-17 20:00
I can’t even upload 4K videos in iMovie but I’m also using an iPad min 4. Maybe that has something to do with it ?

iMovie is a free but poor application. It is not intended to handle anything above HD. If you want to work with higher resolution files, then you need a better video editor. It is not to do with your iPad.
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-18 13:37
iMovie is a free but poor application. It is not intended to handle anything above HD. If you want to work with higher resolution files, then you need a better video editor. It is not to do with your iPad.

Thanks Geebax.  I’ve been using  da Vinci resolve   1080p is no problem for my iPad but 4K as you know with iMovie is totally out of the question. I have a lot of learning to do the da Vinci. While I’m on spring break now I guess would be a good time. Thanks for your help.
2019-4-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-18 18:40
Thanks Geebax.  I’ve been using  da Vinci resolve   1080p is no problem for my iPad but 4K as you know with iMovie is totally out of the question. I have a lot of learning to do the da Vinci. While I’m on spring break now I guess would be a good time. Thanks for your help.

Resolve is a top editing app, but as you say, it takes a lot to get to know it. The latest version, 16, has a new simplified 'Cut' page that you might find easier to use.
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-18 18:43
Resolve is a top editing app, but as you say, it takes a lot to get to know it. The latest version, 16, has a new simplified 'Cut' page that you might find easier to use.

Thanks. I’m not sure what version I have. I downloaded it a few months ago. If it isn’t 16, I’ll delete and reinstall 16. I need to watch some more YouTube tutorials.
2019-4-18
Use props
Vincentwood
New

United States

Another method is to use iDealshare VideoGo to convert various mp4, mkv, avi, wmv, vob, flv, mpg, avchd, mxf, mts etc to iMovie more supported MOV or MP4 format.
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_ueAL9V7KA7Jv
lvl.1

Avdshare Video Converter also helps to convert video to iMovie video format
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules