Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal tilt and drift in flight
1619 15 2016-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

Hey guys, was wondering if this is a bug, and I can iron it out with a sensor refresh? or is it more serious? It seemed to be righting itself, but I put in the manual command to tilt and thats where you see the twictch back to level. Also, I experinced random bouts of "weak signal transmission" even though I was only 20 meters away? Could it be random interference? Sorry for all the questions... Just random unusual things I encountered today.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Dronin Adventur, does this issue happen everywhere? And as for the transmission issue, hope this video helps:
2016-6-29
Use props
dperhac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221555 ft

I'm having the same issue with mine. I didn't start having the issue until about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what the issue is; I've already done IMU/Gimble/compass calibrations. It's really bad now that I'm flying it over the ocean
2016-6-30
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
United States

dperhac Posted at 2016-6-30 05:40
I'm having the same issue with mine. I didn't start having the issue until about 2 weeks ago. I'm no ...

Yea mine just recently started as well. I had probably flown it 30 times before with little issue but the last two flights I had the gimbal issue as well as the intermittent transmission feed drops.
2016-6-30
Use props
Dronin Adventur
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-30 03:11
Hello Dronin Adventur, does this issue happen everywhere? And as for the transmission issue, hope th ...

Perfect this is what was needed. Ill try to keep these factors in mind, and see if it reduces my issues. My previous flight at a park had one 1 second bout, but while I was at clearwater beach my first battery had no issue, and then the second it happened several times.
2016-6-30
Use props
markfrow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2101132 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem.....I've also tried the IMU/Compass/Gimble calibration but still doing it

2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

markfrow@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-30 23:54
I'm having the same problem.....I've also tried the IMU/Compass/Gimble calibration but still doing i ...

Is it running in the latest firmware 1.1.41?
2016-6-30
Use props
markfrow
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 02:46
Is it running in the latest firmware 1.1.41?

Yes.....

Aircraft 01.01.0411
App 2.8.3
Controller 1.6.0

2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Dronin Adventur Posted at 2016-6-30 23:18
Perfect this is what was needed. Ill try to keep these factors in mind, and see if it reduces my is ...

As for the gimbal issue in your video, I've discussed this with our developer.It is possibly something related to the interference on the compass which has some effect on the flight control and the gimbal. But when the interference disappeared, things came back to normal as you can see in the video.If this issue keeps coming up frequently in any situation, feel free to feedback.  
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

markfrow@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-1 15:10
Yes.....

Aircraft 01.01.0411

Hello, it would be better if you can record a video by the following steps and then post a youtube link here.

1. Put your drone on a  horizontal surface. Then make a screenshot of the camera view and attitude indicator

2.Record a short video of the gimbal powering up. Place both, your camera and the drone on a flat horizontal surface and record the video from the gimbal's left or right side.

Note: Do not hold the camera in hands when recording this video, make sure camera is placed steady on a surface.
2016-7-1
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Sometimes when I turn my p4 on and it's connected to the tx the gimbal is very slowly tilting on its own, I have to reboot it all and then it sits dead straight
2016-7-1
Use props
markfrow
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 09:48
Hello, it would be better if you can record a video by the following steps and then post a youtube ...

Here's the video of the gimbal starting up :-)

2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

markfrow@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-1 19:06

Is it always tilted or randomly?
2016-7-1
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

markfrow@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-1 07:06

Mine has done the exact same thing. My theory is it starts up, and realizes its currently not level and goes to correct itself. I can see it while in flight too. Usually if i recalibrate the gimbal on a perfectly level surface, it seems to lessen, and in some cases remove, the issue. However I usually do it almsot every new battery which is bothersome. Recently I've reverted to the manual input to adjust the roll, and I've ben seeing new issues arise.
2016-7-1
Use props
markfrow
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-1 12:18
Is it always tilted or randomly?

No just random as the camera holder comes off.....I have contacted DJI support who have asked for the drone to be returned to them for repair or replacement. Currently boxed up waiting to be sent away.

Thank you very much for looking at this though your help is appreciated
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

markfrow@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-1 23:46
No just random as the camera holder comes off.....I have contacted DJI support who have asked for  ...

Thanks for your feedback.
2016-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules