Proper Battery Disposal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

I have a 3rd party battery that went and got all puffy on me and the a-holes @ Banggood.com refuse to warranty it unless I ship it back to them in China, which, it is illegal to ship damaged batteries. Not to mention the cost/paperwork to ship it back to China.

So, I've decided it would be best just to eat the cost, keep my chin up, and move forward. A helluva lesson I learned to save $25, which in the end, including the cost of replacing the battery, actually cost me around $210 to save $25...What a fool I am, yes I know and admit it. We all live and learn, and dammit, have I learned!

So then, what needs to be done, where do I dispose of this POS? Have no clue if being a 'smart' battery (HA!) makes any difference or can I just take it to Home Depot and throw it in the used battery bin? My fear is of the damn thing exploding. A ticking time bomb, maybe?

So, any thoughts?
2016-6-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Take them to a local haze roses waste disposal. Also, I would do a chargeback in bangood is I were you. They sold you shit batteries
2016-6-30
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Paypal even refuses to get involved. Ticked at them also.

And we don't have a local haze roses waste disposal here in the USA. Guess I'll Google what to do with it.See? I'm still learning.
2016-6-30
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-6-30 22:29
Take them to a local haze roses waste disposal. Also, I would do a chargeback in bangood is I were y ...

Ahhh!!! You mean hazmat! Gotcha!
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There are some auto repair shops that may also take your battery since car batteries need to be disposed of in the same manner as LiPos. We have had some customers use that method.
2016-6-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

FAS1 Posted at 2016-7-1 11:55
Ahhh!!! You mean hazmat! Gotcha!

wow auto correct really screwed that sentance up huh?
I meant to say take them to a local hazerdous waste disposal dump.
2016-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules