New UK user of a Standard
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenBhoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107116 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all! First post so please be gentle

I've only had my Standard for a couple of weeks and only just taken out for a quick flight once as the weather has been so bad.

A few questions/observations so far:
When I signed up in the app and registered my account did that actually register my drone for support @ DJI? Where can I see that I have a drone on my account?
I 'thought' I was forced to do a firmware upgrade before flight  - I'm now seeing horror stories of crippled distances & video transmissions
First flight was a blast, Video footage fantastic, was close to home so only had beginner mode enabled. Next plan is a more advanced flight
Has anyone had any experience of sending a UK drone back to DJI? I'm now massively worried that when I do let it go it will be crippled as many others.

BUT I do hope it's all OK and I am worrying for nothing

So any 'must have/must do/must set/must try" type advice for an absolute beginner (with DJI products - I've flown Syma & Tarantula X6 pretty well so far)??

Thanks in advance all

Tony

2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello GreenBhoy, if you use the activation account to login DJI GO app and fly your drone, the flight records will be generated under this account and you can check them by touching the top left triangle icon to enter the page. But unfortunately users cannot check the drone's activation account currently. Besides, if you want to send it to our Europe service center for fixing, here is the contact info: 联系欧洲.JPG
What's more, here are some safety tutorials.Hope it helps:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r

2016-7-1
Use props
GreenBhoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That's great thanks Paladin!  Is it user paid or free-post return do you know? Don't fancy returning a 2 week old drone due to a firware upgrade!
I'm hearing that the repaired drones miraculously work after DJI inspection so the latest firmware appears to be borking the hardware somehow - not sure how that can be...
Or DJI have a pre-release firmware that masks it's version number as the latest....

Confused!
2016-7-1
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

GreenBhoy Posted at 2016-7-1 07:27
That's great thanks Paladin!  Is it user paid or free-post return do you know? Don't fancy returning ...

still a mistery, people Who send their drones for "repair" comes back working fully as before the firmware update  BUT without saying what was wrong, or what piece they changed . IF THEY CHANGED . lol
2016-7-1
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

thats true i read the same things... after people sends them in to dji  their drones now work... but tgey wont say what they did to fix it or what they changed in it go figure  
2016-7-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

You could try to downgrade your firmware version.
The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!
2016-7-1
Use props
GreenBhoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your responses guys! Hopefully it will all be fine, but I'm preparing myself for the worst

Re "4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)" above - not sure I understand - at that point there has been no downgrade performed.
Should that not be a new point "7." ?
2016-7-1
Use props
chapcott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199970 ft
United Kingdom

I've had a phantom 3 standard for 7 months ,have upgraded firmware and dji app every time a new version is released and apart from a few glitches with my cheap tablet (asus zen pad) everything has all ways worked .....
2016-7-1
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

Well I don't believe what you are suggesting is true
Here's what was replaced for me
By Dji support
No cost to me
image.png
2016-7-2
Use props
GreenBhoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Darrenphillips1. Sorry - not sure what you think is untrue?  Please explain, thanks!
Are you saying that the firmware destroys the wifi mainboard and DJi then need to fix it or that it's coincidental that it stops working after a firmware upgrade? Or that in your case it was the wifi mainboard that was at fault and (unrelated to firmware) that this fixed your issues?
I'd appreciate you input, thanks!

Tony
PS - this is just info fishing at the moment in my case - I dont 'think' i'm affected at the mo!
2016-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules