S800 & A2 - can't start rotors while indoors
1003 9 2016-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

I can't start the rotors while I am indoors with my S800-A2 setup. It starts outdoors.  Tried in Manual and ATI modes - won't start.  Seemed that the A2 requires GPS signal before it will start.  How can I de-activate GPS and fly manual?  Please advise.  Thanks.
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You may run into this issue if there is too much signal interference as well. What kind of LEDs do you receive when you attempt to start the motors?.
2016-7-1
Use props
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

I will be using the drone in environments that are indoors and will not have access to GPS signals.  Is there a way to de-activate the GPS signal?  I will be flying the drone mainly manually or at most ATI mode to hover at a certain height under zero wind conditions.  The only wind draft will be from the rotors.  The blinking lights is green & yellow.  Please help.  Thanks.
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ong.dexter.sg@g Posted at 2016-7-2 10:05
I will be using the drone in environments that are indoors and will not have access to GPS signals.  ...

Based on the information provided, you're receiving abnormal compass data. This can be caused by magnetic interference along with the GPS-Compass not being installed properly. Have you been trying to fly in only one indoor location, or is this happening in multiple locations? Have you ensured that the A2 is installed properly?
2016-7-2
Use props
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-3 12:05
Based on the information provided, you're receiving abnormal compass data. This can be caused by m ...

I have only tried in one basement warehouse - has not worked.  It worked immediately outside of the warehouse in open air.  However, is there a way to disable the GPS receiver?  I once disconnected the GPS antenna and it wouldn't start too - I reconnected GPS antenna and it worked.

I can try to recalibrate the compass and try again.  But I would like to preferable disable the GPS receiver as I have no need for it in indoor condition.  I will be flying manually and at most with ATI for hovering.  Is this possible?

Thanks.
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ong.dexter.sg@g Posted at 2016-7-3 13:29
I have only tried in one basement warehouse - has not worked.  It worked immediately outside of th ...

When you are in Manual mode, it would disable all GPS. Have you checked your RC settings to ensure that the manual option has been mapped properly? Atti should still work, but you may be incurring too much interference to properly use this indoors.
2016-7-2
Use props
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

I checked my RC mapping.  Currently I have mapped to Channel U, down is GPS Atti, middle is Atti, and the top is also Atti !  THe pull down menu for the top is only one selection "Atti".  How do I set it to Manual?  Please advise.  Thanks.
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ong.dexter.sg@g Posted at 2016-7-5 11:32
I checked my RC mapping.  Currently I have mapped to Channel U, down is GPS Atti, middle is Atti, an ...

Manual should be available in the U channel drop down menu. Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are able to do in the Basic>RC section of the A2 Assistant Software?
2016-7-5
Use props
ong.dexter.sg
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-6 06:01
Manual should be available in the U channel drop down menu. Could you please provide a screenshot  ...

Thanks.  Managed to remap my RC to Manual via Windows instead of Mac  Thanks for the help.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ong.dexter.sg@g Posted at 2016-7-11 09:57
Thanks.  Managed to remap my RC to Manual via Windows instead of Mac  Thanks for the help.

You're welcome.
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules