Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Angry drunk guy threatens my drone on Canada Day!
1476 6 2016-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I've had a very interesting experience with an angry drunk person and my drone. I've always read about it but never thought it would actually happen to me.

Anyway, was flying for Canada day, taking a video of the fireworks and when I got a low battery warning, i came in and caught my P3. Then this angry drunk guy runs at me and shoves me and starts threatening me, asking me if it has a camera and why I was filming him. I calmly told him to f*k off and he kept moving forward at me every time I backed off. Anyway, dad saves the day, cops were called. He was extremely aggressive and was threatening to shoot it down with a bow and arrow. The cops took care of him, however no charges were pressed. It just wasn't worth the trouble.

What an interesting night. At least I got some cool shots of the fireworks from across the water.
Will post them soon

2016-7-1
Use props
digdat0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-2 15:59
Sounds not good at that time.But I'm looking forward to your shots

Wow, a bow and arrow, eh? That dude was trashed.glad you had good resolution... Always someone, somewhere being a dick.
2016-7-2
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Canada

True^

2016-7-3
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

Glad you're ok.
Since he was actually attacking you.....a good solid right to the jaw would also have sufficed and you would have been justified
2016-7-3
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Canada

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-7-4 01:09
Glad you're ok.
Since he was actually attacking you.....a good solid right to the jaw would also hav ...

Haha yea, ill svae that for next time
2016-7-3
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

I think we will all find one person like this if we fly long enough.... everyone so far for me has asked if it had a camera n really nothing more... I dont fly below 100 feet unless I'm in my backyard tho... but still "waitting" for my "drunk person", lol
2016-7-3
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Canada

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-4 06:40
I think we will all find one person like this if we fly long enough.... everyone so far for me has a ...

Haha

2016-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules