2888 16 2016-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

When will PIP be working on LB2?

Does PIP work on LB and can it handle two cameras?

Thanks,

Ian
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

PIP has been working with most customers. For clarification, what is your total set up? What camera are you using as the FPV camera? Are all components up to date with the latest firmware? What are your current Image Transmission setting?
2016-7-2
Use props
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

I asked the following question in the Matrice forum and the thread was called "Which drone and gimbal for 2 cameras" http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D319%26typeid%3D319

I want to purchase a drone for industrial use and need one that can carry two cameras i.e. a thermal camera and a photography camera. Is the new matrice 600 the correct drone to use or would the S900 or S1000 be better. Any useful links that answer this question would be helpful also as I've looked at the DJI website and can't find any gimbals that take two cameras at once.

Tahoe_Ed replied and said: The M600 with LB2 is capable of using two cameras using the HDMI in and the A/V channel.  Right now the PIP is currently not working the last time I checked.  You can also do the same on a S900/S1000 wit A3 and LB2.

Can you confirm if PIP is working or not?

Thanks,

Ian
2016-7-2
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

iantansey@gmail Posted at 2016-7-3 02:42
Hi,

I asked the following question in the Matrice forum and the thread was called "Which drone and ...

PIP will not appear on the tablet display that is connected via USB to the Lightbridge 2 Controller regardless of your PIP settings.

But if you'll pipe the HDMI output of the controller to an HD device, you'll see the PIP works just fine.  

I couldn't make the picture appear on my iPad after playing with PIP_EXT and EXT_PIP for days.  Then I connected the HDMI out of the controller to my headset, and the PIP was right there.
2016-7-3
Use props
piymamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

I'm also looking for a solution to use a thermal imaging camera and a photograph. for industrial use this is a very necessary option .
The perfect solution would be to mount two zenmuse at once. DJI so it would offer a solution to people who need two simultaneous cameras and would not have to go looking Otars companies offering these settings.
2016-7-5
Use props
santorini95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126896 ft
South Korea

bcdebusk Posted at 2016-7-3 21:20
PIP will not appear on the tablet display that is connected via USB to the Lightbridge 2 Controlle ...

Thank for your information.
My hard time is passed d/t your excellent answer.
2016-9-29
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

piymamen@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-5 20:22
I'm also looking for a solution to use a thermal imaging camera and a photograph. for industrial us ...

I am working on a similar solution.   I want to build a custom copter with the A3 LB2.   I too want stereo imagery with thermal and visual.   I also want to use the cameras on top of the copte for inspection underneath structures.

A buddy who has the M600, tried operating the gimbal upside down and it did not work.  But as you know the x3 and x5 are inverted with the osmo, so it is something in the firmware.   

As an alternative i will mount a non DJI gimbal camera but want to make sure that the PIP will work.   From what i read above it seems it will.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the second visual camera gimbal?

2016-11-3
Use props
fansc5b5c3a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Why Pip is not working on a tablet?
That makes no sense!
I only need PiP on my IPhone and nowhere else!!!

DJI please get it working!
2016-11-19
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-3 11:57
PIP has been working with most customers. For clarification, what is your total set up? What camera  ...

This just simply cannot be true. We are addressing the exact same PIP problem in this thread that you've been replying to. I have another friend, who owns an M600 with HDMI and AV inputs, who is also able to reproduce this HDMI-out PIP with EXT disabled bug.

I appreciate your continued work to help increase the priority of this LB bug, DJI-Jamie.

EDIT: Apologies, I just realized the date of your comment is very old, and was definitely before the current LB firmware version.
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

3x3q Posted at 2016-11-20 04:25
This just simply cannot be true. We are addressing the exact same PIP problem in this thread that y ...

It's alright, I've overlooked time stamps myself on occasion.
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansc5b5c3a3 Posted at 2016-11-19 17:37
Why Pip is not working on a tablet?
That makes no sense!
I only need PiP on my IPhone and nowhere el ...

Just to clarify, are you using the Ronin MX or a Zenmuse gimbal? Do you use the EXT port?
2016-11-19
Use props
fans4d6bfb25
lvl.2
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-20 00:56
Just to clarify, are you using the Ronin MX or a Zenmuse gimbal? Do you use the EXT port?

Please Jaime be serious..., i answered all you and technical
service asked me..., the problem is the last update of lightbridge 2 remote control, with hdmi external camera and av external camera..., i checked with ios, android, differents versions of dji go app, differents av cameras, differents hdmi monitor...
I repeat again: "the problem is the last update of lightbridge 2 remote control with hdmi external camera (No zenmuse cameras)"
2016-11-20
Use props
fans4d6bfb25
lvl.2
Spain

hello????!!!! i cant work because this bug! thank you dji and all dji team!, less inspire 2, mavic, phantom 4 pro, matrice 600 pro...., please we need to see if u do a drone for professional be good with professionals people, and demostrate you think in more of more money with new aircrafts..., we cant work now..., we are waiti g you want to fix this big problem for us
2016-11-22
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

PIP works in conjugation with an HDMI monitor, see photo, but not with the tablet.
DJI, please make PIP available for the tablet too.
Thank you.

@ fans4d6bfb25
Air System V 1.1.40
Ground System V 1.1.50
Should work.
A3_LB2_bench_tests.jpg
2016-11-24
Use props
fans4d6bfb25
lvl.2
Spain

WiSi-Testpilot Posted at 2016-11-24 09:51
PIP works in conjugation with an HDMI monitor, see photo, but not with the tablet.
DJI, please make ...

The problem is with controller of Matrice 600, Lightbridge 2, and with last update 1.1.70.... please dont make confussion, we need to dji fix it, and if u say "works" we are f**ked
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans4d6bfb25 Posted at 2016-11-24 17:02
The problem is with controller of Matrice 600, Lightbridge 2, and with last update 1.1.70.... plea ...

I've already reported the to the R&D team to get this addressed.
2016-11-29
Use props
djiuser_NDVJIp8y2OOO
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ETA Posted at 2016-11-3 14:15
I am working on a similar solution.   I want to build a custom copter with the A3 LB2.   I too want stereo imagery with thermal and visual.   I also want to use the cameras on top of the copte for inspection underneath structures.

A buddy who has the M600, tried operating the gimbal upside down and it did not work.  But as you know the x3 and x5 are inverted with the osmo, so it is something in the firmware.   

I've used inverted cameras ontop of s1000 & S900 using A3 and theyve always worked fine for me
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules