12Next >
7401 43 2015-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

Has anyone already tried it?  I dont want to be their beta tester.  ;-)

There are 4 new features that all look pretty good.  
2015-1-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Just of curiousity what are the new features?
2015-1-23
Use props
TheRann4u
Second Officer

United States

Just of curiousity what are the new features?

Here is the update info
IMG_0865.png
2015-1-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

1 & 2 Sound pretty good for sure..
No flying here till Sunday as it is pouring till then..

Anyone try this yet?
2015-1-23
Use props
DarylWM
lvl.2

Australia

TheRann4u Posted at 2015-1-24 09:19
Here is the update info

I downloaded the update automatically today. I don't understand number 4 though: "upgrade range extender". Unfortunately the manual download feature doesn't download a version of the manual that explains how it uses the mobile data network.
2015-1-23
Use props
DarylWM
lvl.2

Australia

TheRann4u Posted at 2015-1-24 09:19
Here is the update info

I downloaded the update automatically today. I don't understand number 4 though: "upgrade range extender". Unfortunately the manual download feature doesn't download a version of the manual that explains how it uses the mobile data network.
2015-1-23
Use props
wolfain.email
lvl.1

Singapore

I downloaded the latest version, and now after I link up the phantom and click on 'camera', the whole app crashes! (forced close). Bug?

Someone at the RC shop tried his phone with the latest app and it crashes also. Is there a hot fix for this?

on a side note:
I have 'upgraded' my extender to accept mobile data, so now when I link up my drone with controller, I do not see the 'wifi' icon on my iPhone but the 3G/4G.

Nevertheless, couldn't test this out because every time i go camera, the app crashes. Help!
2015-1-23
Use props
kimstruer
New

Denmark

wolfain.email Posted at 2015-1-24 15:08
I downloaded the latest version, and now after I link up the phantom and click on 'camera', the whol ...

There is a new firmware for the camera have you updated to this
2015-1-24
Use props
jarek33.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466696 ft
United States

wolfain.email Posted at 2015-1-24 15:08
I downloaded the latest version, and now after I link up the phantom and click on 'camera', the whol ...

worked for me, no problem at all, iphone 6 plus 8.1.2
2015-1-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jarek33.email Posted at 2015-1-24 20:19
worked for me, no problem at all, iphone 6 plus 8.1.2

Yes works for me too on my iPhone 6 Plus. I think.

Updated the range extender and now it does not show the wifi on the phone just the 4G indicator.

I have not seen how the ready to fly or light replicator works.

I just get a bar at the top of the screen that says NA.?

I have been trying indoors and don't have 6 sats yet. But I would have expected that the light replicator would have still worked.

When the rain stops outside I will try to get a sat fix and see what happens.

2015-1-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-24 21:14
Yes works for me too on my iPhone 6 Plus. I think.

Updated the range extender and now it does not  ...

Well it still doesn't work 9 Sats 0 sats, No takeoff warning, no light replication.

Also now no Remaining Flight time displayed ??

I thought I would try a fresh install on my iPad. But there is no iPad version of the DJI Vision App on the app store. wtf.???

2015-1-24
Use props
jarek33.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466696 ft
United States

you have to go under settings and find upgrade for wifi, its there, then ur wifi will restart
2015-1-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

It auto loaded to my iPhone and so far appears to be working indoors but too much rain today to try a real test.
Some have spoke of a camera firmware update but it does not appear on the download pg.
Anyone have any idea about this and for which version of the Phantom Vision thi is supposed to be for?
2015-1-24
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

kimstruer Posted at 2015-1-24 17:08
There is a new firmware for the camera have you updated to this

I too am having the camera issue. My DJI App and iPhone 6 are totally upgrades with all new updates. However, the DJI App crashes when I toggle the Drone Camera up or down through my camera/app.

What is this new firmware and where can I download?
2015-1-24
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

SAFrankSU Posted at 2015-1-25 02:50
I too am having the camera issue. My DJI App and iPhone 6 are totally upgrades with all new update ...

Hi, I too had a problem after update with the camera link.  I switched the phone off and back on an it seems to have fixed it.  Could be a cold reboot is required, it worked for me.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Working here no problem , was out for twenty minutes or so and no problems
2015-1-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-25 11:52

Can you see the Ready to fly warnings and the replication of the Rear LEDS on the vision app?
2015-1-24
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-25 14:43
Can you see the Ready to fly warnings and the replication of the Rear LEDS on the vision app?

No I get none of the "extra" warnings. Maybe an update tomorrow?
Rod
2015-1-25
Use props
nachoteres.emai
lvl.1

Spain

BThe app dont work!!! 3 of 4 new features dont work, safe to Fly warning dont work, nothing appear with or without gps, display aircraft rear lights....dont work only shows N/A (for a moment i see "manual mode" with 10 satelites get).
In app user manual download......dont works!!!lol
The only feature work  is the mobile data  connection that allows us to be connected to the phantom wifi and mobile data 4G at dame time to improve dinamic home point (allready work before the upgrade)
I got a phantom2 Vision + V3,with all up to date execp the camera firmware , got 1.2.9 dont know where to find the 1.3 file
Iphone 6 iOS 8.1.2
2015-1-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nachoteres.emai Posted at 2015-1-25 20:04
BThe app dont work!!! 3 of 4 new features dont work, safe to Fly warning dont work, nothing appear w ...

I'm not 100% sure but it looks to me that there is additional drain on the WiFi Extender after the extender update. My battery levels appear to go down faster. But maybe i'm just imagining things.

Can some one else check and report?

Cheers
2015-1-25
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-24 22:51
Well it still doesn't work 9 Sats 0 sats, No takeoff warning, no light replication.

Also now no R ...

There never has been an iPad app. You download the iPhone app to the iPad and use it that way. Video resolution suffers a bit, but the larger image probably makes up for it. YMMV
2015-1-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MacCool Posted at 2015-1-25 22:41
There never has been an iPad app. You download the iPhone app to the iPad and use it that way. Vid ...

Ah thanks I did that now. Its a pity that there is no iPad version I was going to use an iPad mini retina.

And was hoping for a clearer display.

Cheers
2015-1-25
Use props
johnt1000.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7218 ft
United States

Seriously? This update fails when you try anything associated with the camera.  I tried uninstalling it from the iPhone and reinstalling and it didn't work even then. I'd suspect that people reporting it as OK are Android users. It did allow the range booster update (or so it said). I would recommend that anyone who hasn't done the upgrade wait. You can fly manually of course, but no FPV or camera until this gets sorted by DJI.
2015-1-25
Use props
johnt1000.email
lvl.1
United States

Are you on an iPhone or Android? I surely could not have any luck on an iPhone 6+
2015-1-25
Use props
ruud.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4409 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
You can better reinstall the old version of the app. I used the new app yesterday, flying my phantom 2 vision in the snow and the app crashed the whole time. Today with the old version, no problems.
Greetings from Holland.
2015-1-25
Use props
johnt1000.email
lvl.1
United States

ruud.email Posted at 2015-1-26 02:47
Hi,
You can better reinstall the old version of the app. I used the new app yesterday, flying my pha ...

Dropping back to a previous version isn't an option with the Apple closed infrastructure. The only thing offered for installation is the newest (broken) version.

Thanks for your support!
2015-1-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Well, nothing new as I can see as I did the iOS u.g before the P2V+ camera update and now both are done.
The ap did crash one or two times indoors after the camera update and no feedback on their both working harmoniously in flight or not...maybe a chance to test later when it is a bit clearer outside.
I hope it works!
2015-1-25
Use props
iotero
lvl.2

Spain

I'm having problems with DHP and the new app. I don't seem to get the green circle. I noticed that the app seems to deactivate the iPhone's localization for use within this app. Didn't have problems with the previous version
2015-1-25
Use props
manuelnegronpr.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

iotero@me.com Posted at 2015-1-26 03:10
I'm having problems with DHP and the new app. I don't seem to get the green circle. I noticed that t ...

After update, Google map is not working, either the aircraft LED indicator.
2015-1-25
Use props
Percy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2027067 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Guys,
Can someone please tell me how to update the camera on the vision plus.

Cheers
2015-1-25
Use props
jeffmcrae52.ema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rod Posted at 2015-1-25 19:14
No I get none of the "extra" warnings. Maybe an update tomorrow?
Rod

Hi, The bar with the NA on it if you tap it a drop box comes down, I presume that is where it is supposed to show you which way the machine is facing, but at the moment i havent updated my camera and I was just wondering if the update is done whether that changes at all? cheers Jeff
2015-1-25
Use props
ruud.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4409 ft
Netherlands

johnt1000.email Posted at 2015-1-26 03:01
Dropping back to a previous version isn't an option with the Apple closed infrastructure. The only ...

Hi,
At first I only updated my iPhone 6 Plus. Not my iTunes account on my computer. So on my computer I had tho old version. Deletet the new app version on my iPhone and installed (the old version) from my computer.
Greetings from Holland.
2015-1-25
Use props
johnt1000.email
lvl.1
United States

FINALLY SOLVED !!

As if I needed an excuse to waste a Sunday.

The entire crux of the problem in getting the new app to work is the camera itself. I was complaining to a fellow DJI owner here and he told me he had the same problem.

Working by the process of elimination, we first looked at the software on everything (drone, transmitter and camera) and the only item not up to snuff was the camera. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE NEW CAMERA FIRMWARE RELEASED JANUARY 15th.

Search YouTube for the video released by DJI on how to update camera software. It works on V2+.  We downloaded the camera firmware to our memory cards like the video said and started the aircraft up with the update on the card.

The update auto installs itself. W A R N I N G   It takes a long time. BE PATIENT. If you stop or otherwise interrupt the process, you'll brick your camera. Once we got the install completed, no more crashes of the iPhone App. I can confirm that this procedure works on v2+ we both have v2+ so I can't positively say if it's OK on any other version.

Here's the link to download it. It's almost to the bottom of the Windows software.  

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download.

We flight tested yesterday afternoon and went through two fully charged batteries with no app crashes.
2015-1-26
Use props
zhaoch
New

China

Oh , that's right!
2015-1-26
Use props
nilsblix.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

johnt1000.email Posted at 2015-1-26 18:48
FINALLY SOLVED !!

Hello

My Phantom v3 has been in the air for 40 min  with the new iOS app, camera update and range extender update. No problem at all - but also no new features except from range extender using 3/4 G
2015-1-26
Use props
nachoteres.emai
lvl.1

Spain

So please Dji support fix the app, if you dont notice  allready the new app update  dont  work,i have the camera up date as well and still have  crashes at the first runs of the aplication , 3 of 4 new features dont work i test today like 4 batteries with all up dates and still crashes ,no major problems flying but the app now are lot moré  unstable
2015-1-26
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

johnt1000.email Posted at 2015-1-26 18:48
FINALLY SOLVED !!

Anyone...Just how long does the camera update take?  I'm well past 45 minutes, with blinking yellow LED's...
Edit:
Never mind.  So, I had turned on only the copter, as I thought that was the direction.  After way too long, I turned on the WiFi and app.  Live video coming through.  Took a photo, which showed a black screen with a box and text asking if I wanted to upgrade firmware. About screen still showed old version.  Finally took a chance at bricking it and shut down.  Formatted the card on the computer and reloaded the .bin but only named it "firmware.bin".  This time, I did the normal start up routine (controller, WiFi, then copter power).  Powered up app.  Appeared to be a normal start up, with the GPS lock fast green flashes and all.  I figured it didn't do the upgrade, maybe because the file name was wrong.  Checked the About screen and...new version.  Took no more time than a regular start up.  I think that, if it finds a .bin file in the card, it looks for it to be an upgrade.  Anyway, all is well.
2015-1-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

anthony@midmore Posted at 2015-1-27 03:27
Anyone...Just how long does the camera update take?  I'm well past 45 minutes, with blinking yello ...

Took about a minute for the actual update once card was inserted..Make sure Phantom is powered down when you put the card in, reboot the Phantom and you should be good to go after a minute.
There is a YouTube video on the procedure..
As a few noted you also need to change the name of the file...You need to remove "_v1.3.0g" from the file name...

2015-1-26
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

does this update of camera need to be applied to the Phantom Vison (NON PLUS) ?.   I am running V1.1.9 for the camera
2015-1-26
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-27 04:38
does this update of camera need to be applied to the Phantom Vison (NON PLUS) ?.   I am running V1.1 ...

My belief, because the file name is "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" is that it's only for the Plus.
2015-1-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules