Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andreweaton69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234993 ft
Australia

Gday
{:4_157:}
Well i have just returned from a trip to Botswana and looked at my vieos files off the SD card, needless to say i'm glad i was by myself when I saw them.. as its all absolute rubbish! A day or so before i left and DJI released an up date, so rather than have it keep anoying me I did it...
While using it and looking at the cached video on my tablet i thought, no probs I was in a lot of bush and possibly there is tranmission prolbems. Not the case!

Thinking i must have made a monumental stuff up, I find it odd as I played with a few diffent seetings, 4K and 1080 and also set everythinh to auto and no effect while on hols.

Then today i'm going over some footage I took along the coast near where i live, spent all day doing it, and!

Again well i wont say it on here!!

Ill add a pic file and a screen shot of the video.

Can anyone asist?

* Note this was not the firs run of the P$ and haf logged about 6.5hrs flight time, something has changed since the update. ( pics loaded twice??)

cheers
Andrew

Still image fuzzy

Still image fuzzy

fuzzy out of focus video

fuzzy out of focus video

Average image

Average image

screen shot of 1080 video poor

screen shot of 1080 video  poor
2016-7-2
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Could you have been in manual mode? Was an ND filter on, and perhaps caused the shutter to be too slow?
Just shooting in the dark.
What happens when you play with the camera while NOT in the air? Are pictures focus blurry or motion blurry? Do some testing on still or moving object, but not from the air...
2016-7-2
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Without knowing what camera settings you were using, it's very hard to say what the problem is. I'm certain it has nothing to do with a firmware update.
Give us a bit more to go on Andrew.
2016-7-3
Use props
andreweaton69
lvl.2
Australia

Gday

Thanks for the comments here is what I had:

D Cinelike
Dji colour none
Settings on auto. and manual

all came out the same!

But...now !!

As i typed out a customer email to DJI, the P4 poped up with a new software update has just been released. Version just out today.

Apparently there has been an issue of out of focus or soft images on tablets and this was supposed to fix it. I did the update took the P4 outside and did a still then a few second video on each video setting in 1080.

Shame this wasn't done on Friday! As now it appears to of fixed the issue.
I ll give it a run during the week to see how things go if i get time, but the video is now back to the standard when i first baught it! Hopefully for good!

2016-7-3
Use props
andreweaton69
lvl.2
Australia

Ops to answer all the reply's

Used a polarizing filter for some of the ocean shots, then a Nd then no filter. As for the moving or not moving, I had the P4 in a hover over some surfers for nearly 8 minutes waiting for a set to come though, all those pics are the same standard, soft  etc.
the tests i just carried out were in a hover only due to time constraint.
cheers
Andrew
2016-7-3
Use props
andreweaton69
lvl.2
Australia

UPDATE
my p4 is now going back for serice to Dji so sort out the problem, good customer service so far
2016-7-5
Use props
dgriffnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

andreweaton69 Posted at 2016-7-5 20:19
UPDATE
my p4 is now going back for serice to Dji so sort out the problem, good customer service so f ...

Was there a positive outcome? Apologies if you've covered the answer elsewhere...
2016-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules