Osmo camera drift...
2427 8 2016-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi,

I know that the DJI Osmo camera drifting by itself has been a problem that's been around for a while since the newest update, but has DJI released a new update to fix this problem? I've noticed the issue becoming worst the more I use it, now almost making the DJI Osmo unusable. This is a semi complain but also a cry for help from other users experiencing this problem, does anyone have a way to temporary fix this problem? And please DJI, fix this problem ASAP, it's been around for too long now.

Thanks!
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dear customer, we're very sorry about the inconvenience brought to you.  In what kind of situations does the drifting cause you problem? Do you use Osmo for time lapse shooting?   

We're still working on it. Currently if you want to shoot still pictures, we recommend you lock the gimbal physically and put it on a tripod. Thank you.
2016-7-4
Use props
trinketo
New

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Ran into a situation where we could not use our primary video camera for an interview and optioned to setup the Osmo with the DJI extension rod and tripod.
Halfway through the Osmo ever so slowly drift to the left side of the frame which makes it look really awkward towards the end...
2016-7-24
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

I feel your pain... I tried to make a panorama for my cliend, and I set exposure to 3 seconds and all pictures come blurried, see my test picture...
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvKYbBP8qfu5gatf6lG0Nn8RBF82cg
Panoramas at night? Forget it... or do it at iso 1600

DJI, you will fix it? Or I must forget to use my brand new osmo+ on low light conditions?

Thank you
2016-10-11
Use props
PhotodudeAIR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 348363 ft
United States

DJI, you recommend to lock the gimbal, is that not bad for the gimbal and what about the beeping noise from the locked gimbal?
2017-3-16
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem, it's very obvious in the shot in the beginning of this video walking down the pier. It looks like the world is slowly spinning as I walk.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRrGQyUASRz/?taken-by=jeff_casazza
2017-3-16
Use props
ShellPhoto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As of today 3rd September 2017 this is still a major problem, alongside so many other issues that render this device absolutely useless, frequent disconnecting and djigo app crashing to home screen constantly, can someone please respond to these issues, they are widespread and not isolated, this is one of the buggiest pieces of hardware I've even seen remain on sale.. very very disappointed
2017-9-3
Use props
fans8513d24f
New
Flight distance : 96165 ft
United Kingdom

I have a fix for this and will be able to show it in a few days.
2018-3-25
Use props
ShellPhoto
lvl.1
India

February 2019 still this is a problem with this Osmo+
I was told by a reputable dealer Dji are fully aware of the bug but they cannot fix it due to the hardware, but they have their guys on here and elsewhere keep suggesting stupid workarounds that they know dont fix the issue,  this is disgraceful on behalf of Dji
This has been an issue with me since i bought the Osmo+ and everytime new firmware comes along but this deal breaker issue is not resolved, this Device was never fit for purpose.
Im not living in the region where my Osmo was bought so i was told i have to send it back to China at my expense for shipping and repairs.. im seeking advice to my options as this is totally unacceptable, both myself and my husband have been posting about this issue since we got the Osmo+
We own other DJI kit which so far has been fine, mavic 2 zoom, and dji Ronin, the Osmo+ however was never right.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules