Drone shooting!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

Trying to find/think of best angle and saftest for my poor drone, been asked to film national IPSC shooting championships this year with my P3, never had filmed this kind of thing, in front of pistols and rifle shooting before, so it's a first. No sky shooting, targets  no more than about 2meters off ground, big 4meter high bank around ranges, Only thing I am concerned about of bouncing bullets, bullet ricochet.  I thought of maybe sat say 3meters above bank/bullet stop and about 4meters back from it to minimize getting hit.
So trying get a good front shots, but not get hit.  ANY ideas on placement of drone and angels  ?/

2016-7-3
Use props
CitizenKane
lvl.2

If you are filming the competitors and not the targets then more than likely you will be safe hovering 10 or 15 feet above and in front of them.  But they may want you higher so you don't distract them.  The targets are steel and don't generally cause ricochets back or up anywhere near the firing line.  Any bullets that hit the burm are stopped instantly.

Have fun and please post it!  I love watching IPSC.
2016-7-3
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

CitizenKane Posted at 2016-7-4 07:18
If you are filming the competitors and not the targets then more than likely you will be safe hoveri ...

Yea makes sense to me, was kind of thinking not too far off what your saying as an option, oddly enough, just don't want my poor old drone shot down in the prime of life, ahahaha.
But when all is done, it is going up on Youtube, and other places of course...  IPSC BULGARIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016
Pistol shooting, lots of AK47 shooting, short and long range stuff and course firing too, needs to say I can't take part this year.  
2016-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules